cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking. 3 months and still waiting for broadband

olbo
Tuning in

I've now been waiting 3 months to have my services installed, rescheduled 6 times because the engineers can't communicate  NO CONSTRUCTION WORK NEEDS DOING.

All construction works were completed within the first 2 weeks. Yet you send engineers every other week to tell me the same thing "i don't know why we're here you're ready to go"

Get your act together, you were supposed to install again today and didn't bother turning up or notifying me. How can you say to me i have to wait another 2 weeks? Put me ahead of someone who put in their order. Absolutely disgusting service. Never known anything like it.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

10 REPLIES 10

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi olbo,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, I am sorry to see you still haven't been installed, I have managed to locate an account with the details we have for you and it does seem to be a construction issue< I will be happy to invite you into a private chat so I can clear security and get some further information.

I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

olbo
Tuning in

Hi please could my virgin media super hub be activated whilst I wait for construction works to be finished. My line is working properly and my hub is connected. I have been waiting 4 months for my installation even though I have a working line... I really need internet from home and the dongle i was sent from virgin doesn't even have enough speed to stream 1080p video from my sky glass. I also need this for work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have now spent countless hours on the phone with virgin, all accounted for when I'll undoubtedly have to take them to small claims court. No response from 2 complaints issued to them over 8 weeks ago. This is my last spot of hope that virgin will do something, anything at all to fix such a negligible problem that shouldn't stop my from getting the install of my services before i ask for a deadlock letter and take this to court.

I have a router, I can see the connection is there but needs activating, you wont activate it because "construction" needs doing. IT DOES NOT NEED CONSTRUCTION. The tenant before me had the same line with no problems. IT WORKS.

I need a new router in line with my contract, and for the line to be activated. Not a difficult task is it? Yet i'm still waiting 4 months later. Not to mention the 15+ engineer visits that have been missed that I am still waiting for my £375 compensation for.

Ridiculous, this company needs better communication between contractor engineers and head office. Complete joke of a company.

You have till the end of the month before we arrange a court date.

[MOD EDIT: Threads merged to keep in one place]

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I've marked your post for staff to respond, but I'll add a few comments.

1) Normally, your first port of call if unhappy with how VM have responded (or not) to a complaint is to escalate to CISAS, the industry complaints adjudication scheme.  Read the customer guidance carefully, there are rules that you need to comply with.

2) You can take this to court, but your case may be weaker in law than you think (unless you have legal knowledge or have spoken a lawyer).  Chances are you'll get a better outcome with CISAS, if you aren't happy with their proposal you can still take it to court.  If you do go to court without using CISAS, the judge will be within their rights to throw the case out (and you'll lose the court fee), because there is an expectation that you have exhausted non-litigious options before going to court.  You may also find that a judge decides that the compensation you think you're entitled to is not commensurate with the situation, and in that case even winning may mean you get less compensation than CISAS would offer.  And if you've previously turned down a CISAS settlement, they wouldn't take the case up again.

3) There is no service obligation on VM, unlike Openreach.  If for any reason they decide that there's reasons they don't want to install, or even don't specifically want your business, they can declare a property non-serviceable, and that is then final, without appeal.  Neither CISAS nor the courts can compel VM to connect you.  You say the previous tenant had no problems, there are a range of reasons why VM decide further works are needed and whether you or I agree is irrelevant, it's their network, their decision. 

Good Afternoon @olbo, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear this is on going.

I understand that you're currently within a private messaging conversation with one of the Forum Team, if you can please go back to them and request an update, that would allow us to keep you up to date with any developments on the pending install

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I've asked him for updates 3 times and no response, hence why I have posted again....

Where is your communication?

I already know all this but thank you. Already started the case with CISAS and I do have legal counsel. Yes they can do as they please but why keep me as a customer for 4 months and just say they don't want to service me?

Update with this.

Virgin decided after 5 months of keeping me in the dark that they would turn around and say they will no longer be giving me services, again a joke. To say they don’t have a line to the house and construction work needs doing is a joke as you can see (attached) after hooking up an old router and it working flawlessly.

Absolute joke of a company. They won’t even give me the owed compensation and have instead opted to send a deadlock letter.

Thank you for damaging my career with false promises and time wasted.

You’ll be hearing from the small claims court very soon.

My apologies if I’ve managed to miss something, but you say ‘you have connected up an old router and it is working perfectly’, what router is this, the VM hub you mention in a previous post? So do you have internet connectivity via the VM network right now, but you don’t have a contract with them so presumably not paying them anything? Win-Win, I’d have thought!