Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 21 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shared street Connection

@wevsky wrote:

Roger thats exactly the answer i was hoping to get,yes one pavement tee for both houses,im not sure why some houses have one each and others a shared,end of terrace maybe i really dont know,but im hoping they get virgin media and i can just have the cable run from their box,now to talk them into getting virgin media

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Are you saying that there is a single pavement Tee for both houses? If so, it looks as if you'll share one cable. If the routing is better via your neighbour's house, is he amenable to having it done that way? One option may be for the cable to be run to an omni box fitted to your neighbour's house where the cable is split with one leg being run along walls to your house.

Shared tees are common practice (they can carry up to 4 drop lines) & are usually placed at the boundary of 2 properties.

Shared drop lines are not common practice as it can degrade the performance of the connection for both customers. For this reason it is only usually used as a temporary measure.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 22 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

@wevsky wrote:

Roger thats exactly the answer i was hoping to get,yes one pavement tee for both houses,im not sure why some houses have one each and others a shared,end of terrace maybe i really dont know,but im hoping they get virgin media and i can just have the cable run from their box,now to talk them into getting virgin media

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Are you saying that there is a single pavement Tee for both houses? If so, it looks as if you'll share one cable. If the routing is better via your neighbour's house, is he amenable to having it done that way? One option may be for the cable to be run to an omni box fitted to your neighbour's house where the cable is split with one leg being run along walls to your house.

Shared tees are common practice (they can carry up to 4 drop lines) & are usually placed at the boundary of 2 properties.

Shared drop lines are not common practice as it can degrade the performance of the connection for both customers. For this reason it is only usually used as a temporary measure.

so they would run 2 lines along the same cable into my next door neighbours garden and split-it to run along my wall?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 23 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@wevsky wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

@wevsky wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

so they would run 2 lines along the same cable into my next door neighbours garden and split-it to run along my wall?

2 seperate cables through the tee. One goes to your neighbour, the other goes to you. No "splitting" involved.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 24 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

@wevsky wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

@wevsky wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

2 seperate cables through the tee. One goes to your neighbour, the other goes to you. No "splitting" involved.

That is really part of my problem the cable may need to run along side the neighbours one on their property,im fairly sure the guy on the phone said i could run the cable to their omni box and split from there as roger suggested whether this be two cables or split i am not sure.Time will tell as im getting a call back monday to hopefully place an order so the guys can come out and explain my options

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi wevsky, 

Please let us know how the call goes on Monday. If you need any further help free feel to drop us a message on here. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 26 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@Hetty_R wrote:

Hi wevsky, 

Please let us know how the call goes on Monday. If you need any further help free feel to drop us a message on here. 

Thanks, 

Well i did already speak to virgin who told me i needed to place the order first then the guys can come out and advise,i would have ordered there an then but the wife deals with the finances so monday once she is happy ill ring to book,i shall keep you informed when the guys have been to tell me how they can connect me without touching the drive and if it goes ahead

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Thanks wevsky, we look forward to hearing from you.  Smiley Happy

Hetty_R
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 28 of 38
Flag for a moderator

The engineer assurs me a cable can be installed from the street Tee without damaging the driveway in anyway,i just have to make sure i am here when they pull the cable thru to keep an eye on them..thanks for all the advice,under the flap on the pavement tee there are two cables so no splitting even if the neighbours where to be connected

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi wevsky

Sounds likes it's all good to go ahead then 

Can you let us know how the installation goes please 

Any further questions, we are all ears 

Regards 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 30 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hi wevsky

Sounds likes it's all good to go ahead then 

Can you let us know how the installation goes please 

Any further questions, we are all ears 

Regards 

Gareth_L

The engineer was happy it could be done i just have to supervise the guys who come and do the cable,trying to find a bloody phone number now to contact them as the number i have the line doesnt open until 10.30 and im inpatient  as ever

0 Kudos