Menu
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 11 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shared street Connection

@jb66 wrote:

You can fit more than one cable down a single tee, unlikely the OP will share a cable

to be fair i saw a house earlier with a joint pavement tee and the box on the wall looked like it ran a cable to the house next door,i could be wrong

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 12 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I share my neighbour's cable. There is only one Toby outside their house and VM split the cable to serve both of us..

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 13 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

I share my neighbour's cable. There is only one Toby outside their house and VM split the cable to serve both of us..

Do you your own omni box or is it purely a case of one box and your cable runs from your neighbours one?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 14 of 38
Flag for a moderator

The cable runs to my neighbour's omni box where it's split, and my cable runs along the exterior walls of our semi-deatched houses to my own omni box.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 15 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

The cable runs to my neighbour's omni box where it's split, and my cable runs along the exterior walls of our semi-deatched houses to my own omni box.

Thanks for the reply,ill grab hold of the neighbours and give virgin a ring see if they can send someone out to explain my options before i sign on the dotted line

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi wevsky,

Thank you for your post. 

What we would recommend is to book the installation and make sure that you are present for the install so you can discuss the routing of the cabling, if it has to come from the main junction box on the street or the tech can assess if the junction box his neighbour has can be shared as some can and some can't but they will discuss this with yourself before they do any work providing you brings this up with them first.

I hope this helps.

^Martin 

0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 17 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N wrote:

Hi wevsky,

Thank you for your post. 

What we would recommend is to book the installation and make sure that you are present for the install so you can discuss the routing of the cabling, if it has to come from the main junction box on the street or the tech can assess if the junction box his neighbour has can be shared as some can and some can't but they will discuss this with yourself before they do any work providing you brings this up with them first.

I hope this helps.

^Martin 

I would rather they came and had a look before i booked anything and committed to having it done,and my neighbour is not connected yet,i shall ring up virgin at some point soon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 38
Flag for a moderator

If yourself and the engineer cannot come to an agreement then you simply need to advise the engineer that you don't wish for the installation to go ahead.

^Martin

0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 19 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N wrote:

If yourself and the engineer cannot come to an agreement then you simply need to advise the engineer that you don't wish for the installation to go ahead.

^Martin

yeah i have just got off the phone,i will leave it a few days so the wife can make sure we can switch from bt easily enough and then ill ring to place an order and speak to the guys who install the cable

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Okay wevsky.

^Martin

0 Kudos