Menu
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Shared street Connection

I shall try and make this as understandable as possible.
I have just had a new driveway laid at the expense of my landlord,i am under no circumstances to allow virgin to dig up any part of it due to it being not just basic concrete and i understand this,can i have the cable run from the street cover which is a joint one for me and next door have a cable run back up through the pavement and then across the wall so no damage is done ?

also if my next door neighbour signs up and has a box fitted to the outside wall can a cable be run from that or do i need my own?Hopefully as im not sure of the technical terms for the box on the pavement you guys get what i mean

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Shared street Connection

It can be clipped along a wall rather than under a driveway if thats an option

0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

that i get but to feed the cable from the little connection in the pavement they are going to need to dig behind it to get the cable through?i intend to speak to virgin when the drives finished off but i cant have any damage to any of it so not sure how they could get the cable connected and then fed along the wall

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Too late now if the drive is laid, but it would have been good to put in a conduit underneath.

0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

would have but up until today ive not been sure on funds and the wife refused to agree to anything up until she was certain the money would be there to upgrade,im assuming they can run the cable along the wall,my only real query is with how they bring the cable out from the little cover on the pavement,seriously more than my lifes worth disturbing the new resin drive way
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Maybe better if you put a photo on of the cover position.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

yeah ill grab a pic in the morning ,my cover is going to be shared with the next door neighbours for some reason ,so one cover right in-between the two houses
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you saying that there is a single pavement Tee for both houses? If so, it looks as if you'll share one cable. If the routing is better via your neighbour's house, is he amenable to having it done that way? One option may be for the cable to be run to an omni box fitted to your neighbour's house where the cable is split with one leg being run along walls to your house.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Roger thats exactly the answer i was hoping to get,yes one pavement tee for both houses,im not sure why some houses have one each and others a shared,end of terrace maybe i really dont know,but im hoping they get virgin media and i can just have the cable run from their box,now to talk them into getting virgin media

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Are you saying that there is a single pavement Tee for both houses? If so, it looks as if you'll share one cable. If the routing is better via your neighbour's house, is he amenable to having it done that way? One option may be for the cable to be run to an omni box fitted to your neighbour's house where the cable is split with one leg being run along walls to your house.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

You can fit more than one cable down a single tee, unlikely the OP will share a cable

0 Kudos