cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambolic customer service

Hollydale53
Just joined

Ahead of moving into our new flat on Saturday, we booked to have a quickstart broadband pack arrive at the flat on the day of our arrival.

Saturday comes and goes with no sign of the oack so i called up virgin to check on its status, only to find out that virgin had cancelled the order without letting me know, supposedly due to the previous tenant not cancelling their account. We then checked with said tenant and they showed us thus was not the case, and their account had been transferred to their new address.

We have tried calling Virgin 6 times since, each time having to start from square one as there seems to be no internal record of the issue. Each time i have been told they are looking into it and will call me back with a resolution so i can setup a new account, and each time I have heard nothing.

We both work from home and so face being unable to work for the rest of the week thanks to virgin's ineptitude. Any tips on how to expedite this to get a resolution ASAP?

5 REPLIES 5

BitFlip
Joining in

I feel your pain, I am also having a shambolic house move since we moved into our new home on Friday the 1st.

We were already VM customers and this whole process has been a total fail (on VMs side), Calling them is like talking to scripted robots and no-one knows what is going on.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hollydale53

Welcome to our Community Help Forum.

Thank you for making your first post regarding your QuickStart Installation, I am so sorry to hear that your services were cancelled and you were not informed of this. I understand the frustration and inconvenience this issue has caused, especially when WFH. That's not the high standard of service we aim to provide, I apologise.

I would like to take a look further into this issue. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

JCA1712
Joining in

We are having a similar awful experience. 

We moved house on 30th March. As we both work from home I contacted Virgin with plenty of notice to move our broadband, cut-off date 29th in the old house and installation in the new house 30th March. This was done on around the 18th March. 

On the 21st I received a text from an installer who was outside the property requesting permission to dig up the garden to install cabling. Obviously I am unable to provide this as it was not my house at this point, as Virgin knew. I contacted customer services who assured me that this had all been rebooked for 30th March as originally requested and I would have internet from this date. 

30th March comes and I check my emails to see that I have the following:

The date for our technician to install your new Virgin Media services has been rescheduled to the date below.
Your new installation date: Tuesday 12th April 2022
Your new installation time: 13:00 - 18:00pm

Both of us work from home so this is completely unacceptable to us. I phoned customer services. First phone call I was told that Virgin are not able to see who is booked to install the broadband, why it is cancelled and when it will be done. I was then hung up on. Second phone call I was told that it was my fault as it was originally booked in for the 21st March (when I did not live in or own the property), and the 12th April is now the earliest this can be done. I asked to cancel my policy as we need the internet for work purposes and we will need to find an alternative provider. The cancellation dept told me I would have to pay to cancel my policy, but also told me that they expect that the cable installer would still arrive, probably on 30th March but if not then 31st and then once that is done we can call back to bring the date forward from the 12th April. It is now the 5th April and nobody has been.

I spoke to customer services on the live chat function last Thursday (31st March) as I couldn't face another overseas call centre talking over me, not listening to what I'm telling them and outright lying to me. They said there is nothing I can do to bring the date forward from the 12th April but they would be escalating my complaint and I would hear back within 24-48 hours. I have heard nothing back from them. On Friday 1st April my partner tried phoning them to see what the situation is. She was hung up on twice and when she asked to speak to a supervisor/manager/somebody who can actually provide a bit of clarity on the situation she was told that somebody would call her back to discuss compensation - we would much rather have internet than whatever measly compensation would be on offer. Again, nothing. 

I am having to work from a public library after being unable to work for 4 days now. I don't even trust that we will have internet on 12th April as I was told on the phone that we need two installations, internal and external - nobody has yet contacted us or arrived for the external installation. 

Nobody at Virgin seems to record any details of any phone conversations and they don't even seem able to read through the backlog of Live Chat conversations. Presumably this is so they can lie to customer free from consequence. I have been speaking to Live Chat again today to try and get an update and I get this:

Denisse
 at 10:28, Apr 5:
May I know if you already contact our customer care regarding this?

I've never encountered a customer service department more willing to outright lie to customers and when the lies get called out they just hang up. There seems to be no supervisors or management, no customer service team in the UK and even the retentions team I spoke to were awful. The Virgin speeds at the new address aren't even impressive but it seems impossible to cancel.

After over an hour on the phone and approximately 10 different people spoken to (1 in the UK) I have finally cancelled.

Ironically the 1 UK employee I spoke to was the one who was able to complete my cancellation and answer my questions properly, despite being from completely the wrong department.

I've figured out the House Move option on that maze of a switch board system seems to be the Scottish call centre, So I have been using that option for my all needs today.

I've got more consistent answers/action to my questions from that option than I have on here, via Twitter or on the online chat, all of which were a total waste of time.

So yeah, use the House Move option for proper answers and resolutions.