Menu
taztaz
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sh2 problems

Hi all I've had my Sh2 for 4/5 years now but for a while now it keeps dropping connection I either have to keep swtchin between 2.4 and 5g or reset the router at least twice a week .. is there a way I can upgrade my modem ??? 

Regards brad

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sh2 problems

Hi,
Please send me a private message, not reply or quick reply, with your account number and area code/ postcode and I'll look into it for you.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!
Rob

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
taztaz
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob it's been a while but still having troubles with my connection dropping don't think it's the line I think it's the modem can u arrange a super hub 3?? Regards brad

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Rob's status says "retired" so he "may" not be able to do this now (Rob?).

However, you could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance before calling.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
taztaz
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thx for the reply John yeah I'm getting the Ooops message what's the next step?

Regards Brad. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well... you can call it in as they are still picking up the phone. However its a coin toss - some agents know about the scheme and say "yep no problem its on its way" and the others say " oh no - that's an upgrade and it is chargeable and it will start a new 12/18mo contract". Neither of those statements is correct - so if you get that just say no thanks and leave the call.

Alternatively you can try the fault line and tell them the wifi on your old SH is dropping and failing (it is a common issue on the old SH2's) so its faulty and you want a Tech visit to come and make it work again. They will either fob you off, or send out a new Hub3 or arrange a tech visit who will swap the Hub as a starting point.

Alternatively, Rob may be able to help when he gets back here or another VM person will pick this up in a day or two and arrange the swap for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
taztaz
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thx for the reply again John I've sent them a sms message im not very good on the phone 😁 I'll see what they have to say..

Regards Brad. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK - texts do take longer to get a response - particularly on a bank holiday weekend.

I will flag this for the VM staff so keep checking back for when they contact you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
taztaz
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank u so much 👍👍 kind regards brad

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Taztaz.

Can we please confirm how your services are today?

I'll pop you over a private message, if you still require help please respond to this.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos