cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severely delayed installation - what to do?

VMSA66
Tuning in

Hi,

You're not alone. I had fibre connected outside my house in November 2021. December 2021 VM install engineer came out and said the fibre is broken and they can't fix it, it has to be the cabling team. I've made a call and they'll be out in a few hours, i'll get you setup today, my next booking is the house opposite so don't worry. Never saw them again. No one ever come out to fix it. Contacted VM, again no cabling come to fix it.

March 2022, VM engineer turns up, says there is a break in the fibre and needs to be fixed by the cabling team.

April 2022. VM Engineer is due Monday but still no one from the cabling team has been out. I have chased this one every 48 hours, each time I contact VM I get told they are coming this week, nope, chased this week, guaranteed by Friday, guess what, no one turned up. I've been told:

1. We'll send you a 4G router while you have no internet: Nope, never got one

2. It has been escalated with a "manager", chased the next day and said we can't do that, you were told incorrect we can only fill in form.

3. Next time "I'll speak to the cabling team now, Hold on..." They have confirmed they will be out by Friday 8th April. No one ever come.

I have raised complaints about the run-around I am getting. It gets raised then 30 seconds later I get a resolution saying we've closed your complaint. Yet the problem with the service is outstanding....

Am I made for pursuing VM? Clearly they don't want my money.

51 REPLIES 51

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @VMSA66,

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can investigate this further for you. Can you please look out for the purple envelope in the top-right of our forums.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Reece_MH wrote:

Hi @VMSA66,

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can investigate this further for you. Can you please look out for the purple envelope in the top-right of our forums.

Cheers,

whilst i applaud the fact you want to investigate this further can i ask what you hope to do that the 5 or 6 other staff members have not been able to do in the 13 or more posts they have made earlier in this thread - if you can resolve this then what were those others doing wrong that they could not

i can answer part of that - a post that asks what the OP was told when he rang is no more than kicking the can and moves nothing forward and that has been asked more than once by staff

Tony.
Sacked VIP