Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severed cable

SteH90
Joining in

IMG_2654.jpgIMG_2655.jpg

Hi Virgin Team,

The two photos i have included show a severed cable on the left and a missing front of the box which holds the connections. I live in a flat and it looks like the gardener has gone about cutting down some weeds a bit too enthusiastically and has severed the wire. I noticed i wasn't receiving channels last night but only had a chance to investigate in full light today. The front of the box also seems to be missing, exposing the connection.   

I'm in the Liverpool area and can obviously provide all details off forum if required.

Hope you can help,

SteH90

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM responses here can take a day or two. Will be quicker if you call it in to get it repaired.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks jbrennand 👍🏼

All sorted, a technician is coming out on Monday and I may have a word with the management company about their over enthusiastic gardener! 

Hi SteH90, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been left without services due to the gardener cutting the cable. 

I'm glad that you have already been able to arrange an engineer to come out to resolve things however if for any reason you have any other issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help get things sorted for you. 

It would also be great if you could let us know how the engineer visit goes 🙂

Keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath, 

The engineer repaired the wire but I still had a glitchy picture on a lot of channels so he thinks there’s a problem further down the cable. He’ll be in contact soon to book a date for this to be looked at. Engineer visit was very good - he assessed the situation, repaired the most obvious fault then diagnosed the wider problem & said Virgin will be in touch. He kept to COVID protocols throughout. 

Hi SteH90, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how the visit went. It's always great to hear such positive feedback. 

I've glad you're back online for now even if there is still some further work to be done. 

When further work is required it can sometimes take a little while to arrange but I'm sure the engineer will be in touch as and when they need to be. If you need any further assistance, pop back here to let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath F,

Been a while since the severed cable at my flat was fixed but problems have persisted. I had a different VM representative come and look

at the box as i was still getting broken pictures or no access to channels at all - he visited on 29/9/21 and said there were too many connections 

in the box so it was affecting reception. He said he'd return the following Wednesday 6th October to complete the job but didn't need access to the property

as it was an external job.

This didn't happen and my picture is still badly affected or non-existent on many channels so i was wondering if you have any suggestions before i make

another phone call to Virgin. Thanks in advance     

Steve

Hey SteH90,

Thanks for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear you are still facing issues with your TV services and that work that was advised being done never happened, I will be happy to help further, I wasn,t able to locate you account with the details we have for you, I will send a invite into a private chat, once received click on the purple envelope to start?

Regard

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SteH90,

Thanks for coming back to me and, glad everything has now been arranged, if you have any further issue in-between the re-pull do not hesitate to let us know?

Regards

Paul.