cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe packet loss in SE7

adacey
Tuning in

I've seen severe packet loss in the SE7 are since yesterday. Sometimes it's as bad as 80% loss. When I do a speed tests the results are highly variable, sometimes getting as low as 10mbps down while other times still getting my expected 300-400mbps. However, the upload speeds are consistently below 1mbps, sometimes as low as 0.01mbps.

When I check for issues on the Virgin Media site, it says there are no issues in my area. But when I test my hub it then says it looks like there is an issue in my post code and a technician is working on it, but there's no further information. What's the ETA for getting this fixed? And why doesn't the status page actually show that there's a problem in the area?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061 as it is more granular. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061 as it is more granular. 

Thanks, that's at least confirmed there is an issue in the area and allowed me to signup for text updates. Still no ETA, and it's utterly ridiculous that the online tool doesn't check for that when you put in your post code.

Hello, same problem here; I registered for the notification service as well but haven't received any update since the problem started on Monday.

It's quite disappointing the lack of updates from Virgin Media; not even a "we are still working on it and expect to have an update in 24 hours". I'm a fairly new customer to Virgin Media (a little over a month) and although speeds are quite good, I'm not impressed with the reliability of it. Do you see this types of problems frequently, or is it just bad luck that they've had some incidents in my short time here?

I've typically had reliable service from Virgin in this area, but this issue is becoming particularly frustrating. We're now onto day 4 of this issue with no details from Virgin. All the service status line says is that it's a "particularly difficult issue", but there haven't been any updates regarding an ETA or even when we can expect a further update. This is appallingly poor service.

The least Virgin could do would be to have the decency to send out a daily text update acknowledging that they're still investigating the problem. As it stands, I have zero confidence that registering for text updates on this issue has had any effect since I've yet to receive any word from Virgin regarding this problem.

Hi @adacey 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to her of the broadband issues. 

You are affected by an SNR issue. (signal to noise ratio). F010448054 is the fault reference. The estimated fix date is the 28th February. 

Please monitor the connection and service after this date and report back any issues.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for sharing your previous experience and good to know that in general it's been reliable in the area.

I fully agree with you, subscribing to the text updated did nothing at all. I haven't received any update since the start of the issue which is disappointing. The problem seems to be resolved now, at least for me it is so hoping it is for others too, but the lack of updates has been quite disappointing.

Hello Selva147

Sorry to hear of the service issues experienced and inconvenience caused, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From checking we can see there is currently an area issues impacting the services local to you, this is an SNR (signal noise ratio) fault logged under F010448054 with an estimated fix time of 28th February 2023 at 1.40pm. As this is estimated it may change, we recommend viewing this here as the engineers work on fully resolving the issue.

Rob