cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Question: Green WiFi and blinking green base light.

JoeDougie_
Tuning in

Hi all! 

Hope you’re all well.

I’ve just received my Virgin 360 quick start pack, and have plugged in the hub as per the instructions ensuring the cables are tight in the wall and all connections are solid, however I’m getting a green blinking base light and a green WiFi light - I’ve read up and it suggests that it could be because there’s no active signal coming into the home. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this? 

kindest regards, 

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi John.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the 24 hour activation. It would be my luck that I would be one of the few for that to happen to, but I’ve actually got an engineer coming out tomorrow to have the issue rectified. I spoke to a very nice man on the phone on Sunday who ran through all sorts of technical things to try and get me up and running but sadly to no avail.

My VM account is under my partners name, however as I’ve got an engineer coming ill leave it in their hands. 

thanks for making contact!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

your assessment may well be correct - trace the wires back from the wall box to the external box it all connections are made then you need a tech to sort it ring or wait here for VM

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks very much - it’s a flat so I’m not sure I’ll be able to trace the wires but I’ll have a look once I return home. 

If anyone from VM can post up too - that would be brilliant. Ta!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It may be that the Hub has not been activated onto your account properly.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

If it is activated and still not connecting, you may have a "fault" on your connection - VM do not test connections for a "quickstart" they assume it is fine as there has been an active connection at that address previously. But if the previous occupant "did something", or the external cables are damaged as Tony suggested, that could be responsible for it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

So I’ve not long got off the phone with VM. They say that they can see my equipment on their systems, and that it seems to be activated, however my hub is still showing a green flashing light and green WiFi symbol. The agent I was talking to said to leave it on for 24 hours and if it hasn’t changed then to call back. Apparently it can take a while to create the connection. 

Now, it’s not that I disbelieve this, however 24 hours seems a long time to do this consisting how advanced the technology is. Can anyone confirm whether this is indeed the case? 

Thanks all!

@JoeDougie_ wrote:

So I’ve not long got off the phone with VM. They say that they can see my equipment on their systems, and that it seems to be activated, however my hub is still showing a green flashing light and green WiFi symbol. The agent I was talking to said to leave it on for 24 hours and if it hasn’t changed then to call back. Apparently it can take a while to create the connection. 

Now, it’s not that I disbelieve this, however 24 hours seems a long time to do this consisting how advanced the technology is. Can anyone confirm whether this is indeed the case? 

Thanks all!

offshore was it - whoever its complete bulls-droppings  - if its activated and its on the system it should work - so turn it off and ring back - if they can see it then they are even better than they think they are - they should then book a tech

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Yes Tony, was off-shore. I’ve said that I would phone back tomorrow anyway so I’ll bend their ears a little then. I’ll post up what the resolution is to anyone else experiencing the same problem. Thanks for your help.

So I’ve spoken to a VM tech who was really helpful. He’s confirmed that my hub has indeed been activated but for some reason it’s still stating it’s “unreachable” on their end. Engineer booked for Tuesday evening. Hopefully we’re up and running then!

Hi JoeDougie_

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Apologies for the confusion about the activation. I will clear it up. It can take up to 24 hours in extreme cases (this is correct) as it's a work order to complete. Normally not though so if you've been advised it's the right information.

I've not been able to locate the account via the Forum information given, have you been able to get this sorted? Let me know if not

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the 24 hour activation. It would be my luck that I would be one of the few for that to happen to, but I’ve actually got an engineer coming out tomorrow to have the issue rectified. I spoke to a very nice man on the phone on Sunday who ran through all sorts of technical things to try and get me up and running but sadly to no avail.

My VM account is under my partners name, however as I’ve got an engineer coming ill leave it in their hands. 

thanks for making contact!