cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Router

Mzeng
Joining in

Just received my router but the round fibre optic cable is different from my previous set up - can I just use a rj11 to rj45 port to put into the internet Ethernet?

previous set up at Vodafone is like this:

0267F1CA-20C7-4730-9DF7-1DB3CF4691F5.png

 then they would have a single main port for it:

4DEA1CB0-F45B-490D-8329-D17A5DB4E944.png

Not even too sure I have the round fibre optic in my wall, what do I do? 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Those connections are not used by VM. They use a coax connection. Your residence must have had VM previously for you to be sent a QuickStart pack. Look for the omnibox on the outside of the premises and see if you can trace the cable from there to the inside. If not call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mzeng,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post 🙂

Sorry for any issues with your QuickStart. I have taken a look at our systems and can see you have spoken with our team and a tech visit was booked to get your services running. 

If you need help with anything else, let us know. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

I haven't set up a tech visit yet (if there is one I am unsure what time it is) - would I still have to call to have one arranged?

Thanks for coming back to us @Mzeng, I would be able to get a visit booked in for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L