Menu
pw08
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Set up at 1960s house!

I am shortly to move house. I have used bt for broadband previously but on visiting the house today notice previous tenants may have used virgin! (Virgin's services are available in the area).

Anyway I am confused & wonder if I can set up & self install given the boxes/connectors I discovered today. Ive attached photos.IMG_8397.jpgIMG_8386.jpgIMG_8403.jpgIMG_8402.jpg Are these too old to be of use now though? Any one any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Set up at 1960s house!

Hi there,

Happy to take a look into this for you.

I'll send over a private message to take a few details and i'll check to see if you're eligible for a quickstart or could benefit from an install.

Thanks for your post

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, they are our boxes 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would always say get a tech install. Then you can be there and ensure they put the Hub where you want it and with sufficient cable to allow you to move it to a slightly different position if you find it problematic. They will also check all the cabling is undamaged and connections are properly seated and terminated and ensure the power levels etc are all balanced and in spec.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos