cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up a hub

JamesWood19
Tuning in

My Virgin media Hub 3 arrived today. I followed all the instructions. In our house we have an old Telewest communications box which I pulled the hub into (I read online this shouldn’t be an issue.) I followed all the instructions but now there is only a yellow/orange light at the base of the hub and the WiFi doesn’t appear on any of my devices. 

Any idea what may be going wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JamesWood19 wrote:

How would I get in touch with the activation team? 
Thanks

As @-tony-  has already posted, -  0800 953 9500 is the number

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

carl_pearce
Community elder

@JamesWood19 wrote:

My Virgin media Hub 3 arrived today. I followed all the instructions. In our house we have an old Telewest communications box which I pulled the hub into (I read online this shouldn’t be an issue.) I followed all the instructions but now there is only a yellow/orange light at the base of the hub and the WiFi doesn’t appear on any of my devices. 

Any idea what may be going wrong? 

Try giving the HUB a full reset (Pin hole press for at least 30 seconds).

Unfortunately I have already tried this. I test this and it says that the set up process isn’t completed yet even though I have followed all the steps necessary.

is this a hub3 - base light should be white if its connected - but it can be anything from white to light coffee coloured so your description sounds ok - green or green flashing is bad

have you activated it - 0800 953 9500 - even if you have do it again

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That connection could also be disconnected in the street cabinet.  The activation team "should" be able to confirm if they can, in fact, see your Hub online.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JamesWood19 wrote:

Thanks

As @-tony-  has already posted, -  0800 953 9500 is the number

Tried plugging Ethernet cable from the hub to the tv and it worked perfectly fine, just seems incapable of connecting via wifi. Any more ideas? 

split the wifi bands - turn off intelligent wifi is the starting point

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@JamesWood19 wrote:

Tried plugging Ethernet cable from the hub to the tv and it worked perfectly fine, just seems incapable of connecting via wifi. Any more ideas? 

Could you access the HUB on 192.168.0.1 , login using the details on the base (NOT the WiFi password!), and check the state of the wireless connectivity: