cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service request

Casablancas88
Joining in

Hi, 

I'm due to have Virgin installed on 4th Feb. I received an email on 31st December asking me to confirm that a preinstall could take place and that I wouldn't need to be home.

On my virgin app tracker, it says a service request is scheduled but the date just keeps rolling over to whatever the day's date is each day, so it's scheduled for today, but yesterday it says yesterday etc.

I've also had about 3 missed calls from virgin on my phone as I was in work each time. When I rang back, virgin just said it might be the engineer as there's no record they've rang on my account, but they can't check anything. 

Just wary that it won't be sorted before install. 

Anyone experienced before? 

Cheers 

12 REPLIES 12

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes it has been experienced before. If you read down this forum you will see that it's the usual experience with new connections. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Casablancas88

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry about the confusion as this is a new install the calls may have been from the external team looking to confirm a date and time to complete the outside work for your install on the 4th Feb. I have located your account and can see that this may have been already sorted. Can you confirm if you need any further help or clarifications on your install? I'll be happy to help :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, 

I spoke to the preinstall dep at Virgin who couldn't confirm anything other than the dates I already knew or confirm what the calls were for. Still waiting for the preinstall.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Casablanca88, 

Thank you for your reply, what is it you need to know from our team? They may not have the info themselves depending on what it is.

If it was a tech and they were calling you we would not have this info.

Zoie

It was to try and find out what the calls were for and to see why the preinstall date keeps rolling over. Just getting nervous that it won't be done before the main install data, and I need Internet access for work

Chloe626
Joining in

Hi,

do you have any update on your situation? I’m in the same situation, been waiting since 22nd November 2021 and everytime it reaches my install date, it’s being pushed back again because the external / pre install work hasnt been done. We’ve now been given a date of feb 2nd but feel like it will be changed again. So annoying!!!

Nope, still just ticking over day by day to the install date! 

@Casablancas88 wrote:

Nope, still just ticking over day by day to the install date! 

Feeling your anxiety on this! 
Getting a net connections core to me completing on a house purchase  and im having the same rolling date appointment. 

Casablancas88
Joining in

Preinstall took place this afternoon. Arrived home to see cabling now attached to the Virgin box which was already on our house when the new build was built 👍