Menu
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Service request

Hi everyone. Originally joined virgin on the 6th August. Choose my install day as 21st. Couple days before I got today told it had to be delayed until the 27th.

Then Friday just got I noticed green spray outside the house, got a call later to say that cable was blocked and needed work doing, but they’d already got permission to do this and my new install date would be 5th September.

After reading on here I’ve noticed a lot of people say it takes longer to get this sorted. Yet when I logged into my account this morning it has a ‘service request’ date set for today then another order for installation on the 5th. I spoke to someone via the online questions asking what the service request was and they said that cable work would take place today (it hasn’t as of now) 

My main question is what’s this box on the side of my house? (It is rented accommodation) the previous owner didn’t have virgin, my neighbour has it though. A little brown box with virgin media written on it.. same as next doors

Be great if anyone could enlighten me a little more, cheers 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service request

There are two stages to a new installation. The first is to run a cable to the house. When that is done an engineer will come on another day to bring your equipment and connect everything up. 

0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Isn’t this what’s running up to the brown box on the side of the house then? 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes that will be the first stage. 

0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So if the box is on the side of the house, and I can see cables running up to the box, what’s the problem with the installation?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The service request can refer to a number of issues. But it looks like the installation is progressing in the usual way.  You'll just have to be patient I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apparently it’s due to have the service request today. But no sign as of yet. From reading people’s problems on this forum regarding “pulling cables” or installations, lack of information or calls back... I’m a little worried

0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

672D1361-2953-4B94-965E-0B80341757CE.png

As you can see I was told yesterday that they would be out. It was a no show. The date on the app updated to today and they are now saying 100% coming out today 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

At least you should get compensation for delayed installation.

0 Kudos