cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service request

Nicolab1
Joining in

My service request daye keeps changing day by day for over a week now, 

when i called i was told it would defo be done today which was 2 daya ago????

ive been waiting a while now for this to be sorted and am also getting £5 per day automatic compensation so surely this would encourage them to sort it sooner no?

6 REPLIES 6

Sufferingcustom
On our wavelength

Welcome to the club, I've been on the same boat for ages:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Cable-repulling-constantly-delayed/m-p/49...

And like us, so many others, its a complete joke.

How did you manage to get 5 pounds per day compensation? I would be a millionaire by now!

It started with an engineer coming to my property to install and then saying i dont have a phone line and would need one first, so i called virgin and asked what was happening and was sent an email 

heres the link 

i promise the pre pull work will be done to day and as per ofcom compensation scheme the credit will be applied 

Auto Compensation - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

That link says that external works are not included (which are the service requests you are getting). Meaning they can yank you around for pretty much all eternity and give you only a tiny bit of compensation.

You have entered the hell where all to be customers end up that don't have the cable pulled to their homes. It is entirely random and arbitrary when you will get your works done, some people have waited up to one year (I am nearly on two months now)

The depressing part of all this is that there is absolutely nothing you can do that will yield much effect, you may get lucky and reach someone who is actually useful and helps you but good luck with that. Be prepared to wait between one month and a year, but hopefully you get lucky.

Virgin has possibly the worst customer service of any company I have dealt with. So if you don't mind getting slower speeds with all the providers that use BT crap lines you are better off cancelling and going with someone else who has better customer service like Zen.

And apologies, didn't mean to sound too bleak but that's what almost everyone reports here and it mirrors my experience, please do keep us updated on your case though and I hope for you own sake that they do show up today.

I spoke to someone on whattsapp and she has promised me it will happen today, 

so if it does not i will take it further.

Hi Nicolab1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear there has been a delay in getting you installed, have we advised what the delay is and when the install will be?

Regards

Paul.