Menu
Jackh99
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Service request no show

I have just signed up to virgin media a week or two ago. So far they’ve came out about twice. The first time a guy came and sprayed an arrow. The second time they just sat in a van then left and so far 2 service request appointments have been no show. The installation is meant to take place on the 15th. So 4 days and they haven’t even done the first part of the installation.  Cant get through to anyone on support. I’m concerned that if it’s not installed on time I’ll be without internet as my old provider switches off soon. What can I do ?

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service request no show

Yourbest bet would be to extend your current provider until you have a Virgin connection that you are satisfied with. Quite a few delays at present.
0 Kudos
Jackh99
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That’s the issue, I already had it extended. I asked to have the internet for the maximum time I can have when I cancelled. The only reason I really want to go to Virgin is because of its high speeds. I’m currently with sky and we had the wire to our house changed about a year ago which helped. But the open reach lines in my area are so poor we only get 20mbps. It’s stable and never drops but technology gets more demanding. I guess I’m stuck 😂

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the arrow was sprayed on the public road or pavement, they will have to wait for permission from the Council to dig it up to lay the cable. Depending on hoiw quickly the Council respond, that can take a few weeks.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Jackh99 wrote:

That’s the issue, I already had it extended. I asked to have the internet for the maximum time I can have when I cancelled. The only reason I really want to go to Virgin is because of its high speeds. I’m currently with sky and we had the wire to our house changed about a year ago which helped. But the open reach lines in my area are so poor we only get 20mbps. It’s stable and never drops but technology gets more demanding. I guess I’m stuck 😂

You're not alone in your predicament. Long delays in getting VM installed and working are regularly mentioned on here as a complaint. Sometimes the issue can drag on for weeks if they encounter a problem like a blocked cable duct which prevents the cable being drawn to the property.

The general wisdom on the forums is to try to overlap your two services if you can and only get rid of your current supplier once VM is up and running to your satisfaction. It's annoying from a cost POV but it means you are not left in a no-broadband situation.

As you have already discovered, communication and project management skills can be somewhat lacking with VM.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello jackh99

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query in regards to the installation of services at your property, we understand the frustration this can cause and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

From looking into this further, we can see that you have contacted the team and request the order be cancelled since your last post. We understand the requirement for broadband, particularly in the current climate and we're in the process of arranging for external work to be completed to allow us to install but appreciate the problems these delays can cause.

Rob

0 Kudos