cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate internet in my room

Markafc87
Joining in

My parents have Vodafone broadband but is slow for online gaming so is it possible to get my own separate VM connection in my room ?

3 REPLIES 3

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there, I can certainly help you with this, I will send you a private message (purple envelope top right corner) where I can discuss it further with you.

Regards Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Markafc87 wrote:

My parents have Vodafone broadband but is slow for online gaming so is it possible to get my own separate VM connection in my room ?

Can you have Virgin & still use another provider? Yes. They use separate networks at street level.

Virgin is likely to be faster than your Vodafone connection, but being DOCSIS based broadband is more susceptible to latency. This varies across the network so you won’t know how well it works until you try it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

According to OFCOM's UK Home Broadband Performance report BT's full fibre completely outperforms VM with respect to latency. You should investigate upgrading to a full fibre connection if possible.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection