cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self installation new property TV phone and broadband

Apart
Just joined

moved into a property and where their tv was it’s just a Ethernet looking cable and a round cable with a pin. Trying to set up but it doesn’t fit with the wires on the wall. 

I need an engineer to come out and help me install the broadband and tv.

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Then you'll need to phone in and book one. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Apart wrote:

moved into a property and where their tv was it’s just a Ethernet looking cable and a round cable with a pin. Trying to set up but it doesn’t fit with the wires on the wall. 

Those will be an aerial socket and an ethernet connection for a TV.  Very handy to have as you can connect the TV via the cable and have no wifi issues at least around connecting the TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Apart,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues installing your TV box at your new property.

I can see that some of our Community Members already advised you to contact our team to discuss this further. Can you tell us if you still need assistance with having this service installed? If so, please come back to us and I'll be able to send you a Private Message to investigate further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs