cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self install kit not arrived - urgent

vtank
Up to speed

We’ve tried calling and got no where, hopefully a team member sees post here ASAP.

Self install kit was meant to arrive Friday 22nd via Collect+, didn’t. Called collect+ they said parcel is lost contact retailer. Called virgin said wait till Monday. Tracking still shows no updates.

Our existing provider contract ends on 28th and you’ve still not transferred our landline number (very important!!!!!!).

Can CS from here arrange for new kit arrive either getting engineer to drop one off TODAY or delivered by tomorrow  and ensure our number transfer is done by tomorrow as well 

thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Hi vtank,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you have been having. 

I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi vtank, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

We appreciate the frustration with the delays you've had however we don't provide compensation for time I'm afraid. When you join Virgin Media, whilst we try and meet the installation date, due to the nature of how we provide the connection, they are not set in stone. We aim to notify you as soon if there will be a delay. 

With number ports, again there is so much outside of our control when porting the number in to us as it needs to be approved by your supplier. After that, if the number is BT owned, permission needs to come from them too. If there is a delay or rejection then the process has to start again. 

You can view our automatic compensation scheme here which has been agreed with OFCOM. As mentioned in my PM to you, the account is assessed when there is a delay and if eligible, it goes on automatically. 

Fingers crossed there will be no further delays now but if you do experience any, please let us know and we can have another look at things for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi vtank, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

We appreciate the frustration with the delays you've had however we don't provide compensation for time I'm afraid. When you join Virgin Media, whilst we try and meet the installation date, due to the nature of how we provide the connection, they are not set in stone. We aim to notify you as soon if there will be a delay. 

With number ports, again there is so much outside of our control when porting the number in to us as it needs to be approved by your supplier. After that, if the number is BT owned, permission needs to come from them too. If there is a delay or rejection then the process has to start again. 

You can view our automatic compensation scheme here which has been agreed with OFCOM. As mentioned in my PM to you, the account is assessed when there is a delay and if eligible, it goes on automatically. 

Fingers crossed there will be no further delays now but if you do experience any, please let us know and we can have another look at things for you. 

Thanks,

You did NOT inform us of any delay, you did NOT submit the port request on time and after a dozen complaints it was submitted the day when I message you over DM after about 5 days of chasing around. In the end the CS provided on forum was same (as useless) as the one over live chat and telephone.  

So it was Virgin Medias fault for not acting after the original port request was cancelled by your team when we added the anytime call package and not resubmitting the request. We will be pursuing this further.

As for anyone who cares, the port request due on 22nd October is still not complete and due for early next week but not holding my hopes up. But its not Virgin Medias fault obviously. Our leaving provider (TalkTalk) have been great and they approved the requests same day as we receive automated email from them and even provided proof the first request was cancelled by Virgin themselves. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us vtank. 

I am sorry to hear that you still remain unhappy with what has been advised. 

Have you raised a complaint regarding this?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

update  3pm and an egineer named john turned up and connected my internet really quickly and proffensionally installed my internet and provided a router that yodel lost 10/10 , thank you