cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self install issues with Hub3

ChudPhud
Tuning in

I got the self install kit today. I followed the instructions to the T and did everything as mentioned in the guide.

The wifi light is green and stable, haven’t seen the internet light turn on at all. The light at the very bottom is green and has been blinking for 2-3 hours now.

Can someone help me out with this please?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like the has not been activated, try:

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

If that fails:

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I tried calling that number and it asks for a memorable word. I’m not even sure what that is?

I tried using the answer to the secret question but seems like that’s not the one. I don't even remember adding that info in even when created the account and stuff.

Is there any way around that? Some other way to verify?

Update: So I managed to talk to a guy. He told me that it’s activated and asked me to reset the device and wait 3-4 hours.

Lets see if it magically starts to work tomorrow morning. Lol

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ChudPhud 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community and indeed Virgin Media 🙂

I am very sorry for the issues you've got currently, not the ideal start and I can see since posting we've booked you a technician visit.

Please let us know how this visit goes or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill