cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting broadband start date

Derekmck96
Joining in

Is it possible to select the date virgin broadband goes live? My sky broadband ends midnight on 25th January so I would want virgin to become active at the same time. Is this possible and if so how do I go about sorting this out?

7 REPLIES 7

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Shouldn't be an issue

As long as there are no obstacles with any work that needs doing prior to install.

Have you got your install booked in?

I'll pop you a private message to take some details to check this over for you

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

No I don't need anything installed the previous owner had virgin and the line is still there. When im going through the sign up process no option is coming up to select a start date before putting in bank details so don't really want to do that before selecting a start date

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem. I'll help you with this, please keep an eye on the purple envelope in the top right hand corner.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hello Derekmck96

Can I ask if you signed up to a broadband deal over the phone following this query? 

I have the same query as you did and have been told I have to join over the phone however I am a bit reluctant, as I prefer to see everything in writing first before giving me details.

Hi @James271091

Thank you so much for you response and I'm so sorry to see you've been confused about the sign up process. 

You can sign up online and select your install date to suit, you can view new customer deals here. You will also receive a contract with all information etc if you sign up over the phone. Hope that helps! 

This has actually confused me more. As mentioned in my previous message, I can't select a start date as the property is currently occupied by someone else using  Virgin Media

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for coming back to us, as you are moving into a property where the services are already active you will need to do this over the phone, they will send you a confirmation via Email so you still have the paper trail you require.

You can contact our sales team on 0800 183 1234 8 AM until 8 PM Monday to Friday and 9 PM to 6PM Saturday and Sunday. 

Regards

Paul.