Menu
pssuils
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Second time installation delayed

Hello,

I started my pilgrimage on the 11th of April. That day I tried to order VIVID 100 Optical Fibre and they give me the 27th of April for the installation date. And I said I tried cause when I called 4 days later (15th of April) they confirmed that as my payment didn't go through it was like I didn't buy it. 

Once the payment was sorted they gave me a new date 29th of April. However on the 26th of April they sent me an email delaying for 2 months my installation to the 29th of June. Their words:

While our engineers were preparing to install your services, they identified an issue with the cable that leads from our cabinet to your home. To continue with this work, we're in the process of getting approval from your local authority. Don't worry, this is quite common and only takes a few extra days.

I wasn't sure if it was joke as they said "few extra days", I think my concept of few is less than 61 days. Today is 29th of June and the installation didn't happen either cause on the 27th I got the same email for delaying my installation this time to the 2nd of August.

On a briefly chat/messages I had with them they said:

We have identified that the cable leading to you property needs to be upgraded to give you the best from our services. We need to get the construction works completed only then we can do Night works to pull cable.

So I wonder, when internet was sold to me they were aware of the problem? Is changing the cable or adding the cable cause it didn't exist before? How can I know the progress of the works so when August comes around the installation happens? They didn't give any type of alternative except wait for installation?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second time installation delayed

Hello pssuils

Thanks for bringing this to our attention 

Sorry you have had to though, Not a great start at all.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen 

I Will need to take some account details 

I can then raise a case for the delayed installation and ask our 

Install Complaints Team to look into this for you 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
pssuils
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second time installation delayed

Thanks for replying Gareth. I'll answer now through the private message.
0 Kudos