Menu
Kinetic23
Tuning in
Message 41 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: SUPERHUB 3.0 FIRMWARE UPDATE ( 9.1.116.608 )

Just installed an Asus 3100.  SH3 now in modem mode.  Speeds and wifi signal are so much better

0 Kudos
Cheule
Up to speed
Message 42 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Good aren't they, very easy to set up, I have a similar model to you Smiley Happy

Vivid 350 - Superhub 3 modem mode --> RT-AC3200
0 Kudos
Kinetic23
Tuning in
Message 43 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Awesome mate. Can now get wifi across the whole house and in the corner of the garden. Love all the bells and whistles, extra security, network visibilty and speed of the interface. That super hub 3 is a shambles compared. Shame I've had to spend 200 quid though but should be future proofed for a while 

Cheule
Up to speed
Message 44 of 48
Flag for a moderator

The app for iPhone and Android makes doing most things easy too Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Kinetic23
Tuning in
Message 45 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I went install that but it wanted to me to enable wan management that comprimises security. I declined that but the app still seems to work. Its as easy to use a browser though on the internal ip.

0 Kudos
Henryhoof
Settling in
Message 46 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I only recently had the 350 service installed and immediately notice issues particularly with on-line games (just over a week ago). I checked the box and found it was still on versions 9.1.116V.

I wasted hours on the phone since trying to get an update sorted and was promised on two occasions that I would get the 9.1.116.608 version. However nothing happened and now Virgin are telling me there is no update, it doesn't exist.

So, I cancelled this morning as I'm still within the cooling-off period. Thankfully I never cancelled my last broadband provider so will continue to use them.

Maybe some time in the future Virgin will get their act together so that users can enjoy a super-fast service.

0 Kudos
Cheule
Up to speed
Message 47 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I've finally got the .608 update, I was at work but my Wife reported the hub resetting itself in the middle of the day. I decided to check if it had gotten the update and finally it had Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
darbon
Joining in
Message 48 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Well I "think" I got the 608 firmware update today (I say think as I don't check the software version that often!!) and it totally messed my router up!

No-one in the house was able to connect to the 2.4Ghz service using either tablets or mobiles, my Tivo 6 box was showing red symbols and no media service and then to round it all off, I went to the router management and my password wasn't working -- eventually sussed it out that the router had gone back to factory settings!!

So like any good IT tech (worked in the industry for over 20 years) does, I changed the default passwords for my own, renamed the wireless networks to my original names and changed their passwords, restarted the router and tried again but still no-one able to connect. %G is OK though as could connect with my Galaxy Tab S2 and A8 mobile!!

Rang Virgin Help (haha) Desk 3 times this evening. 1st time they said nothing was wrong and to monitor it. 2nd time a 1/2 hour later (after the router went back to default settings after I powered it down) I was cut off after 25 mins with no explanation and then it took me 20 mins to call back in.

This time I was advised there had been a firmware update this morning and it had caused issues!  Why couldn't they have said that earlier or better still, send an email out to customers advising of the update?  I work in IT and we send out notifications of software upgrades to our users (all 1700 of them)

I asked about compensation as I was not receiving the service I've paid for and was told they would look into it and to monitor the wireless connectivity over the next few days and if still not working, they will book an engineer!

Not happy with this situation at all and may look at how to escalate the issue.

0 Kudos