Menu
John_Hinman
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

S102 Error on install

After 3 days of being messed about by Virgin i finally have my VT6 box but it wont install past 33%. Then getting the S102 Error message. I've seen similar posts here but none have a real answer to solve this. The quick start package was supposed to come Wednesday but only the hub turned up and then the VT6 box has just come now (Friday). The hub was activated and works fine. An engineer came today and checked everything was ok on box outside and it was. I cant spend more time ringing Virgin and getting nowhere so im hoping someone can fix this here please because this has been a terrible start to my time with virgin media

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: S102 Error on install

I thought this was the classic V6 "not been activated" message - hence I would have thought that the engineer would have called in whilst with you to ensure the activation signal had been sent - or to resend.  Have you tried that again?  Also, how have you got the V6 connected to the Hub?  Ethernet cable works best if you can use it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
John_Hinman
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I am connected through the Ethernet cable yes. The engineer was only here to check the box outside and actually arrived before the v6 box did anyway. I’m guessing it will be another long phone call getting nowhere to fix this. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You do have the V6 connected to the cable co-ax (as well as to the Ethernet)?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@John_Hinman wrote:

I’m guessing it will be another long phone call getting nowhere to fix this. 

Isn't there a dedicated phone number for the "activation process"?  Would have been in the instructions in the quick start pack.  Or when you call CS there must be an activation option.  Been ages since I did it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
John_Hinman
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I got through in the end and after 30 mins they got it working. It hadnt been activated correctly
0 Kudos
John_Hinman
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes it was all connected. Finally got it sorted after a 30min phone call. It hadnt been activated properly on their side.
0 Kudos