cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router solid red light

rjm77
Joining in
  • Hi i have a solid red light on my router since yesterday, the device is not hot and is in a clear area, I have switched it off and restarted it but solid red light again?
  • I have have this router since I signed up in 2017
5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @rjm77

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue! Can you try these steps for me?

First turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub. Then ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible. Switch the hub back on at the power. 

I this doesn't change the light then, a 60 second PIN reset is needed.

To do this push a pen etc into the small 'reset' hole at the back of the Hub and hold for 60 seconds. It will cause a full reset and if you have changed the WiFi password at all it will revert to the original one on the Hub.

Please let me know how these steps go?

Thank you. 

Hi just followed both steps but red light still on, its in a well ventilated area out of direct sunlight, been in same place since 2017 with no overheating or issues

Thanks

Hi @rjm77

Are you experiencing any connection issues since the you noticed the red light?

I have located your account and can see you will have a new router soon. Let us know how you get on when the new router is installed. 

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi

Yes ive upgraded my acc and a hub4 is being sent out so all good thanks

My router crashed last night and i was left with a green wifi symbol light, then i restarted it for the forth time this morn and it came back on, def has a fault with it

Glad to hear a new hub is being sent out to you 🙂

Hopefully once you receive it you won't see anymore crashes.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules