Menu
Highlighted
Tekman03
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Router resets when power cut

Hi there,

Recently in my area we have has about 10 power cuts in the last month, I know this is not Virign's fault but every time that there is a power cut, the router resets and goes back to "Select a language", this is getting increasingly annoying now and i was wondering if this is normal behavior or it is a faulty router.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
ciaran2506
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router resets when power cut

Sounds like a dodgy router to me as it shouldn't forgot all the settings when the power goes off, probably best speak to Customer Services, see if they can get you a replacement. Any maybe the power company too, see if they can their act together
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sound like the Hub may have developed a fault, does a normal mains power off and on cause the same reset.

Drop us a quick update when you have a moment and we''ll arrange a replacement if problems persist.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tekman03
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the reply. A normal mains power off and on also causes the same reset.

Getting a replacement would be great thanks!

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Craig, 

Thanks for the additional info Smiley Happy

Sorry you're still struggling with this. We can send you a replacement, we just need to confirm your delivery address, we can do this via online chat. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos