Menu
baskcm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Router keeps flashing

Hi im posting.on behalf on my aunty 

Her virgin superhub has stopped working full stop before it stopped working it would not connect and just kept resetting itself.

I think she needs a new hub since the one she's got is pretty old she's not very technical minded so any suggestions would be appreciative I can't really.do any tests on the actual hub since it's dead as a dodo 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router keeps flashing

would be close to a week for the forum staff to check things over, could call faults via 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to run some checks

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
baskcm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah right im sadly not the account holder so they won't talk to me and they won't be able.to do much testing things dead as a dodo 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

that is one that annoys the hell out of me the support team should be able to help if not the account holder since dont need to change anything on the account.. one option is if your at your aunty house get her to call and once passed security pass the phone to yourself.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
baskcm
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I might do thanks she's at work most of the time.i know.whats the problem just need a replacement router sadly.tryijg to get the support team to talk to you.is.hard 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi baskcm,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos