cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router continually showing red base led light

Jammy101
Tuning in

Why is my wifi working, albeit slowly but my router base light remains with a red light. 

Have restarted the router three times, upon calling Virgin customer service they stated there is an area wide fault for 24hr. 

24hr now passed the router is working albeit slowly but the base light remains red? 

I don’t work for virgin media but i sense this is a physical H/W equipment box issue? 

I have no faith in what the customer services agent advised, can this be followed up please with a replacement router sent, I’ll gladly send the router I have now.

Or advise what colour lights should be displayed on by router. 

thank you 

Jamie 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please confirm it’s a Hub3 in router mode.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

how the hell is an area fault going to make the base light go red - the rubbish that comes from offshore knows no bounds - the lot want sacking but they are cheap and the call was marked as solved so job done

theres likely nothing wrong other than the crap/cheap led has given up the ghost but the hub needs changing

wait for staff to get to the thread - they sit on their hands for a few days but will get here - you have rebooted which as about all the diagnostics they ask so hopefully they can sort a replacement

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hub 3.0 indeed. 

thanks 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jammy101, 

Thank you for your post 😊.

I have already sent you a PM, in regards to another issue you have. So we don't have more than one pm thread going, I can help with both issues for you.
Just reply to the original PM and I will be happy to assist 💪

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me @Jammy101 

Glad I was able to help with this and on your other thread 😊

If you need to change or cancel or even if you would like to view your appointment you can do so 👉here, keep us posted with how you get on!

Thanks,

Zoie