cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling pull date, will it ever happen?

Shatnerbassoon
Tuning in

Hi,

I was initally due an install on 31st July, but got a message the night before saying it couldn’t be completed as the exterior work had not been done. It has been rearranged to 25th August, and initially I had a service request due on the 10th, for the pull. This has rolled over every day since. The first time I spoke to customer services I was told (and I quote) “I assure you the pull will happen today”. It didn’t, and we are now coming close to the actual installation date. Is it likely this will be completed in time for the installation? I am unable to get beyond reassurances that it will happen from customer services, which has rather destroyed my faith in them given they keep turning out to be wrong. Any reassurance or advice on how to speak to someone who knows why the pull hasnt happened/when it will happen would be gratefully received, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

as you have seen through your searches, this isn’t an uncommon problem.  unfortunately there’s nothing you can do about it - hopefully teh external works will be completed before your install date, but if they aren’t there’s really no way for you to escalate it.  Staff here, whilst very helpful, will have access to the same information that you have (i.e. the install date of 25th) and it won’t change until the day of (or day before) install. 

if they fail to install this time around, you might want to consider your options - perhaps a short term contract with an openreach based ISP if you;re dead-set on eventually having a VM connection… or just another ISP alltogether.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Shatnerbassoon
Tuning in

Ok having now read a couple of threads on here it seems a very common problem!

The frustrating thing is the lack of transparency from customer services. If they were to give me an actual reason its not happening (eg waiting for a permit) along with a rough expected timescale (with whatever caveats they want to put in) and maybe details like when the permit application was put in,  then I’d probably be OK to wait. It’s the fact they insist on “guarantee”ing the installation will happen with no further information that makes the whole thing so untrustworthy. I don’t want to be in the same position in 2 months’ time!

as you have seen through your searches, this isn’t an uncommon problem.  unfortunately there’s nothing you can do about it - hopefully teh external works will be completed before your install date, but if they aren’t there’s really no way for you to escalate it.  Staff here, whilst very helpful, will have access to the same information that you have (i.e. the install date of 25th) and it won’t change until the day of (or day before) install. 

if they fail to install this time around, you might want to consider your options - perhaps a short term contract with an openreach based ISP if you;re dead-set on eventually having a VM connection… or just another ISP alltogether.

Hi @Shatnerbassoon,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that your pull date has been previously rescheduled.

In order to speak to the dedicated team about your install, please get in touch with our Pre-Install team on 08000521734.

The team will be able to look into this issue for you and see why your construction work has been rescheduled.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I called this number and they couldn’t give me any more information (my install date was missed again). Just that they are waiting for the external work, but no reason given as to why it hasnt been done.

Is it true that virgin need to pay £5 a day until it is installed as well as the £25 per missed appointment? If so, if they do install on the new date that’s about £300..

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Shatnerbassoon,

Thanks for dropping back and I'm really sorry for the delay to this installation. I can appreciate the frustration this will be causing

The info you have outlined is correct regarding the compensation, as per our Automatic Compensation Scheme, which is generated once the installation is complete.

I may be able to help in getting some further information to you as to what's going on here, as I'm sorry that this has not been communicated effectively. We have very little power to change construction appointments from here, but I can try to shed some light on what's going on.

I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details, so please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Note that the compensation is only applicable if it's Virgin's fault - if it's an outside contractor that's holding things up (such as waiting for planning permission, etc), it doesn't count as it's outside their control.

Hi Shatnerbassoon,

Just a quick note to advise you we have now sent an email off to all area field mangers within your local area to get your installation date chased. 

We do apologise for the delayed installs and for the time it is taking to get you up and running.

As soon as we have any updates, we will come back to you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Just to update in case people end up on this via google. In the end both the pull and the installation happened on the same day, 5th time lucky and a mere 3 months after the initial installation was scheduled. Virgin have also automatically added £400 compensation to my bills so that's quite nice! 

so to all those in a similar situation all I can say is that even though noone will ever get back to you with any real information it seems that if you wait long enough it dies happen in the end!

Hi Shatnerbassoon, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us and update the thread. 

We're glad that things have finally been sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back to the Community and let us know. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs