cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road access point won't close

Snoman321
Joining in

Morning Community!

We have recently removed a big tree from pit front garden and the access point tothe  cable to our house has been hidden under the tree for a while. Now it has been exposed we can see the lid won't close on the cover as the cables route up and out of it, overthe  kerb and into the soil in our garden up to the house. This has never been an issue before but now its exposed it looks untidy and with it being exposed and not closing fully our neighbour has caught it with their wheel and punctured their tyre 😅

Who is best to contact to see if VM will come out to look and see if cables cab be rerouted so the lid will close? 

(I've tried adding a picture but tje picture size won't let me upload 😬)

TY!

Edit: should hopefully have added a pic

20220408_073405.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Any safety concern on the public pavement should be reported to the loca Council. It will be up to Virgin to sort out their cables but they will respond quicker to the council than to a casual caller. A forum staff person may try to help but the internal communication is very poor. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Frostie01
Joining in

Just to clarify that this CATV access point is located in the roadway.

The inability to close the cover and the exposed cables create a trip hazard!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Any safety concern on the public pavement should be reported to the loca Council. It will be up to Virgin to sort out their cables but they will respond quicker to the council than to a casual caller. A forum staff person may try to help but the internal communication is very poor. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for the advice jpeg!

I've logged a report with the council who look after the road as this access point is roadside of the kerb. Will await a response but at least now it could be council or virgin media who take note and hopefully do something 🤞