cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous System of Installation

Fahadali17
Tuning in

Took a contract and got the date of installation on 8th June.

Very frustrating and annoyed to come to know today that installation can’t be done until another company comes and do their work.

Upon repeatedly asked to engineer how long would that take for that company to come and do their work and been told it can be one day two day one week two weeks three weeks. Very unfair on the new customer to put on hold like this without being specific with the dates.

This is very ridiculous and now what to do?

14 REPLIES 14

THIS IS HOW YOU HAVE MISLED ME AGAIN WITH THE PRIVATE COMMUNICATION YOU HAD WITH ME AND WASTED MY TIME. SEE HOW YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR STATEMENTS AND NOW ASKING ME TO CONTACT THAT NUMBER(CALL CENTRA IN ASIA) WHO EVEN DO NOT KNOW HOW TO AT LEAST ANSWER THE CALLS PROPERLY!!!

Message 1: Thanks Fahad, that is DPA all passed. I am very sorry we've not got of to a great start. We work really hard to ensure our information about all properties across the country is up to date, however in rare cases we can come up against issues during or shortly before installation that are unpredictable and outside of our control.       
I have checked the account and can see there is a work order for the pre-pull scheduled for today. If things go ahead as planned, your install will take place on 25/06. In regards to your complaint, this is currently with our Install & Construction team who will get back to you accordingly. As per our complaints code of practice, we aim to respond to all complaints within 28 days of receipt.  Let me know how things go today and if there's any progress with the pre pull. 

Message 2: I can appreciate this is frustrating Fahad but the install can not go ahead until the external works are completed. Thank you for your patience. All issues and impacts will be taken into consideration as part of your complaint to ensure a fair outcome is reached. Once the pre pull is completed. we can certainly refer this to the Area Field Manager to see if there is any scope to bring the install date forward. If you feel Virgin Media is not the right provider for you, you can still cancel without penalty whilst in your cooling period.

Message 3: Hi Fahad, I'm so sorry, I've just checked and it looks like the pre pull was re-scheduled from yesterday to today. Can you confirm if there's been any progress today?

Message 4: Appreciate that isn't ideal. When you have an install booked, you will get a pre-install visit which is scheduled at the same time. This we try to complete as far in advance as possible but the latest it will be done is the day before your install. During this time, it will be a floating appointment and will show each day until completed.The main appointment you need to keep an eye on is your installation one which is currently scheduled for 25/06. If there are any issues with the installation, this will be communicated to you. If you would like to discuss the matter further or require any further updates, you can speak with our pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734.

Message 5: I am sorry you feel this way. Your complaint is with our Install & Construction team who will get in touch as soon as possible. Sadly, at this stage, there is very little we can do to bring the install forward as the pre pull needs to be completed first. 

AND TYPICAL COPY-PASTED REPLY ON TRUSTPILOT!

Reply from Virgin Media

7 hours ago

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is very disappointing to hear about the issues that you have had with us, I can assure you that this is not the standard of service that we aim to provide.

We would always aim to install you as quickly as possible but sometimes there can be delays which are out of are control. I'm confident we will have you up and running as soon as we can.

In the meantime if you would like to discuss this further then please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

We also have a vast variety of ways to contact us for help or support and I have listed a few below for you:
Text: 0753 305 1809/whatsApp 07305327112
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/virginmedia/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/virginmedia
Forums: virg.in/VMforums

Thanks

^Emma

Anonymous
Not applicable

Off course well aware why the CAPS are on!!!

thank you for the link though!

@Fahadali17 I don't want to seem rude, but people have been hammering on at VM for the past few years about the crap, broken installation and re-pull processes.  None of that has worked, and the longest known delay in a new connection is 13 months (confirmed by customer, still don't know if they've been connected).  In that circumstance you'll appreciate that whilst inconvenient for you, you're not even on the contender board for delayed installations.

You can of course use complaints to VM, and escalations to CISAS and the regulator Ofcom, these have not changed anything for previous customers.  Unfortunately, VM take the view that customers are offered a service at the company's convenience, and so your realistic options here are (1) to sit it out and accept that it happens if and when it happens, or (2) you take this as an indicator of the service quality that VM offer in general, and cancel now.  Read Trustpilot reviews on Virgin Media, ignore any "invited" reviews, and see what you conclude. 

Sorry that's so downbeat, that's just how it is.  When it works, a VM connection is fast and acceptably reliable.  When you need to speak to someone to get things fixed you discover that Virgin Media is where customer service comes to die.