cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retro phone

Hillfam
Tuning in

Want to connect retro 1975 gpo phone to Virginmedia wall socket. Bought an ADSL micro filter but still no dial tones and does not ring in or out? Any suggestions

5 REPLIES 5

Z92
Trouble shooter

Why are you using an ADSL micro filter on a Virgin media wall socket which doesn't support ADSL ?

Are you sure the wall socket is activated on your account? Have you tried any other standard telephone?

What is the REN rating of the telephone?

Was advised to get one. Think may be issue with wall socket so trying a new corded phone.(ordered for tomorrow)  Old GPO 1975 GPO phone so unsure of Ren? 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Hillfam wrote:

Was advised to get one. Think may be issue with wall socket so trying a new corded phone.(ordered for tomorrow)  Old GPO 1975 GPO phone so unsure of Ren? 

You have posted in the 'QuickStart' forum. Are you a new VM customer and are you paying for a landline service as part of your VM package?

If so, your phone connection would be via the back of the VM hub which, I believe, is the default for new installations.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hillfam,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have already taken the time to look into your services on my side and I can see that your current landline service should be connected through the Hub, not the wall socket.

This is because your landline service is part of our 21CV coverage and so it connects differently to our old cable landlines 🙂

I have two links here which will have mire helpful information around your home phones -

Please take a look at these links as they will guide you further on how to do this.

Thanks,

Megan_L