Menu
Skipratty
Joining in
Message 1 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Resetting Hub 3.0 password

Hi, despite four attempts I can’t get the Hub 3.0 to reset so that I can access the settings. I don’t actually remember changing the log in password from that shown on the sticker, but even though  I’ve followed the instruction given on this site ‘ step by step’, I can’t login to the Hub. Any suggestions welcome ! 🙂

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 54
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Resetting Hub 3.0 password

Hi Skipratty,

Odd that it's not working for you. The guide is here (in case you need it). Otherwise the only option is to replace your Hub. Please send me a PM (hover your cursor over my picture and click on Send Message) and include:

• Your name
  • Your house number & postcode

Thanks 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Skipratty,

Thanks for your message - a new Hub has been ordered.

Here are the details:

• The new Hub should arrive within the next few days.
  • The courier, Yodel, will leave contact details should re-delivery arrangements be needed.
  • A text will be sent (to the mobile number we have listed for you) the day prior to delivery advising of an ETA.
  • Full setup and activation instructions will be included.

Let us know if you have any further issues 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
golightlygl
Joining in
Message 4 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am having a similar issue.  New hub, password never changed but cannot get in.  Have tried resetting with pin (holding until blue light goes out then holding for another twenty seconds for good measure, powering down etc.)  but still no joy in using the "Settings" 8-digit password to access Hub 3.0 settings page.

Ironically trying to get in to change the access password and the SSID and password!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hello golightlygl, 

Thanks for getting in touch 🙂

Sorry to hear that you're also having problems with your Hub. It sounds like you've done all the right things so far. I'll get in touch with you via PM (purple envelope, top right) to discuss this further. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
michaelharley
Joining in
Message 6 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issues here. Never changed the original password but it is not working.   Followed instructions carefully, after reset the Hub password still is not working.  Please, can you help urgently?  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi there michaelharley,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are unable to access the router settings.

If you have tried a pin hole reset for over 20 seconds and you are still not able to access it, can you send me a PM confirming your name, if you are the account holder and full address and I will send you a replacement.

Make sure you try a different device and browser just to see if that works.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
efw
Tuning in
Message 8 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've tried to reset my VM Hub 3.0 following the reset guide and entering the password on the label at the bottom of the modem, but no luck, still says ' The password you entered is incorrect '.

Is there anything I can do you access the settings page? It's rather annoying that it still does not work even after following the guide.

Thanks EFW

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hello EFW

I wonder if it has actually reset as the hub is reporting being continuously online for the last 62 days, it may be worth having another go, we have a guide here that may help Resetting your Virgin Media Hub

Incidentally it is so easy to use the wifi password rather than the hub access password, if not already please make sure that you try this one:-

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
efw
Tuning in
Message 10 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions on the web page you gave. I first used a tooth pick to press the little button in the reset hole, held for 20 seconds, turned off the power as requested, no change. So I used a sim card slot tool that you get with a new phone to poke into the reset hole and this time held for 60 seconds as someone else mentioned in another post, turned off the Hub 3.0, still the same result, wrong password.

The password I am using is listed on the bottom right on the label - 066329**

Can you check to see if it was rebooted, from my end it was, but I dont see any change 😞

Thanks