cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting CM IP address / No RF signal detected

Duncanc123
Tuning in

Hello

ive tried everything except asking this forum, so here goes.

Short story-

I have recently moved to a house which was previously using virgin for tv and internet with no issue, I’ve taken my tivo and router which was working in my old house.

My problem is that I have tv and can connect to the routers wifi but I get no internet. The message when logged in to the router says “requesting cm ip address” and “no rf signal detected” as alternating messages.

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it please?

Long version-

I’ve just moved house. I phoned up in advance to move my virgin package and after a long wait on hold (about 45min) I got through to someone. When I asked to move house they offered to upgrade me at the same time so I went through that process of the upgrade. After that was complete they said they had set it up at my current address and couldnt move it because I was talking to sales instead of moving. When they tried to put me through I was on hold over an hour before the line cut off. 2Hr+ on the phone so far.

I called up again a couple of days later and the person said the previous call hadn’t actually upgraded my package or moved me. This person did sort it out for me and got it to move on my moving day 15july. 3hr+ on the phone total now.

15july arrives and I have no internet. I phone up and they activate it. 4hr+ on phone. Still no internet. Many calls and hold wait times later they can’t fix it and need to send an engineer. Engineer can’t be booked until 20july. Currently didn’t about 6 hr on the phone total.

20july the engineer comes and changes a cable. Didn’t expect this to need to be done as the previous owners had virgin, but great to fix it if they think it needs it. However the engineer said it still needs activating and I had to wait a couple hours. Still no internet 9hr later. 6hr on the phone and a 45min engineer visit so far.

I phone virgin again and get told that there is nothing they can do so they will send an engineer out. This time it’s booked for 26july. I said that’s not good enough, so mindfully the person tries more things on the phone. Still can’t fix it and so the engineer stays booked for 26july, but they give me £20 token gesture.

it’s now been 5days, about 8hr of calls (mainly on hold), plus a 45min engineer visit and nothing has changed. I’ve got another engineer coming in another 6 days but I’m losing hope. Even if they do fix it that’s 11days of no internet and it’s costing me greatly by not being able to work from home. Plus it generally just loads of wasted time.

Can I do anything to fix this?

Is it likely the second engineer will be able to fix it?

What compensation can I get?

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Duncanc123,

Just a quick note to say thanks the private message. Please keep me informed when your account disconnects and we can then come back to your open complaint.

If you have any issues in the meantime, please come back to me through this channel.

All the best, take care Jodi.