Menu
Mikejf
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Request VM to property

I'm in the process of moving house but the property I'm moving to doesn't have VM. The first house in the street does have a connection but the rest of the street doesn't.

There is underground cable under the pavement in the street off the street I'm moving too and this pavement runs to the rear of my new house just the other side of my fence at the bottom of the garden.

Does anyone know if a) it would be possible to ask VM to run a connection from the street through my back garden to my house, and b) who would be the right person to ask.

I appreciate there may be a cost involved to dig up a section if pavement.

Any help appreciated. I'm in Swindon.

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Request VM to property

Hi, 

it’s possible, are you a customer now ? Have you spoken to the movers team ?

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Mikejf
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I am with VM and have been for many years. I haven't spoken to anyone only went online to the moving house page, put in my new postcode and house number and it just said sorry its not available. Any contacts would be great. We haven't completed on the house yet so cant commit to anything just yet but would be good to know if it's possible rather then close my vm account and have to go with a max 60 odd meg bt connection.

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

ok, if you can send me by private message your new postcode and house number I can take a look for you.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Mikejf
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Jon, did you get my PM? Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Apologies, i seemed to have missed your message but have now taken a look for you.
I can see the property does indeed back on to the road where we have ducting howerer that ducting only contains some of our trunk feeds for the area and not something we would tap into to provide residential services, there are no street cabinets in the immeadiate vicinty to feed you. So sadly at this point it isnt possible.
On a positive note i do see that there have been plans drawn up to serve the estate but at this point they are just plans and the time to get to actual build is unknown.

I am sorry but at this point we won't be able to provide services.

0 Kudos
Mikejf
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for looking for me. Frustrating as the first house in the street, No.1, has a connection and that's only a few metres away.

Oh well, off to BT and sky with a max speed of around 40meg for me. Going to be a shock as I'm on 350meg now.

Mike

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have a VM 500Mbs line and a BT 70Mbs line and to be honest only very big download speeds are noticeable but making a brew cancels out the wait.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mike,

I am afraid number one doesn't have service and never has. I believe it might come up online as available but that is an error that i am looking to correct.

Once again please accept my apologies.

Jon

0 Kudos