cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repull for old faulty cable

andreasing
Joining in

Hi I have had really terrible Internet speeds for years and have complained many times only to be told my equipment was fine and perhaps I need a booster so I have lots of booster but still speed terrible and just before Christmas it was going on and off and TV box doing the same so I phoned and as usual do reboot and line check and say all is fine but its not so at the beginning of February I phone and finally got a technician who text to tell me when he was coming and phoned to ask if he could come earlier so fantastic checked box and router all fine went outdoors to check line and main box and said my line is really old and needs replacing so booked an appointment for two weeks time and go's really happy with his service  so the day comes for repull I have day off so he does not mess garden up and I wait on text nothing at 6 pm I phone and get told I'm still booked in and he's coming but they finish at 7 so I wait and 30 min latter I get a text saying reschedule 2 weeks later so I phone and tell man I'm not happy he say he as put a message through to see if they can come tomorrow and will ring me at 8 so morning comes and get no call so I ring and get passed about and told lots of different things from they need council permission and maintenance work being done and all round needs to be dug up and because I say I want to speak to manager I get put on hold then cut off so my Internet speed should be 100 its about 20 and keeps going off and TV does the same I've got a cable that I think was put in before virgin media took over from blueyonder so about 15 years or more and I've been paying for slow speeds for years and it was the cable outside 

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Old cables are not an issue. My drop from the cabinet was installed by County Cable in 1993 & still works perfectly on the 350Mb service. It’s likely your cable is damaged rather than just old, & my be damaged due to a duct collapse. The fact you are hearing about construction issues also points to this. Repulls & construction jobs are all contracted out, so VM has to coordinate this plus any council permits. This is fine when it works well, but sometimes the blockage in the communication is far worse than the one in the street.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi andreasing,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the service and for the delays in getting the new cable installed. As nodrogd has explained, there can be delays with construction work if further permits/permissions are required. 

I would be happy to take a look in to your account and confirm if we have an update available for you. I will just need to confirm a few details via private message first. I'll pop this over to the purple envelope now 🙂 

Speak soon, 

Nat