cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repull & Blockage HUGE delay

Sikdar123
Joining in

It has been over 1 whole month of constant cancellations and false hope.

The Customer service team including the pre installs team are so bad. I have never experienced anything like this. They do not know what they are talking about they definitely need re training. I have lost the number of times I was cold transferred and once transferred after I explain what has happened they would hang up.

I’ve had two install engineers cancelled and finally on the 4th June I was promised the broadband will be set up as everything is ready. Surprise surprise the engineer on the day advises he can’t do the install as the work required has not been carried out by the technician. Apparently this is done by a third party company which I have had no contact with.

I called virgin media to understand why they would book a install engineer without confirming the repull / blockage work has been completed. After hours of people hanging up on me I was advised this will made a priority.

Today 06/06 i received a text saying the technician has been rescheduled for the 18th! 
I logged on to the app and can see the install engineer has been booked for the 20th. HOW is this priority?

I can’t believe it, my partner has to work from home. She has nearly used all her phone data. Virgin offered a dongle but did not advise I have to take out a phone contract WHO wants to do that.

The engineer and the customer advisor I spoke to on the phone (check the call records) on the day told me don’t worry they will be able arrange a revisit within 7 days!

I can’t believe how bad this is. Shocking. How do I get the dates moved earlier!

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See my reply to a similar post here....

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Join-the-club-FAILED-INTERNET-INSTALLATIO...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sikdar123,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us so far. I completely understand that a delayed install can cause quite a lot of frustration.

I am very sorry to hear that your install date has been delayed quite significantly. I understand that you've already been in touch with our Pre-Install team, however, they will have more access to view what is happening with your install than we do. I can only apologise. You can contact the Pre-Install Team directly on 08000521734 - option 0. They will be able to advise what is causing the delay in appointment and why the external works have not been carried out as they should.

Please keep us updated on this further and let us know if you've been in touch with the team in the meantime.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

"You can contact the Pre-Install Team directly on 08000521734 - option 0. They will be able to advise what is causing the delay in appointment and why the external works have not been carried out as they should."

Hahahahahhhaha!  A career in comedy or politics beckons.