cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repull Woes. How can i get this sorted?

Jimlad73
Tuning in

We are doing some construction and need the external virgin box moving. I phoned up 10/01/23 and described the job in detail about how they would probably need more than a regular technician. They made me an appointment for the 17th.

On the 17th the guy came out, and he instantly said it needs a repull team, just as i had said on the phone originally. Repull team was booked for 3 weeks later on the 1st feb.

1st of feb comes and nobody turns up, with zero communication about it. I phoned up that night and was told i should get an email within 24 hours with a new appointment that would be within 48 hours. No email arrived within 24 hours. I then noticed on my account a new appointment for the 16th of feb, another 2 weeks later.

I have called up today a couple of times. First time they put me through to a construction team who were not customer facing and couldnt help. Second time they put me through to a field support team who also said they cannot help.

I cannot wait yet another 2 weeks as it is blocking all work on the construction and costing me a small fortune as ive had to postpone work numerous times waiting for virgin and the third parties.

I have zero confidence that they will even show up on the 16th.

Does anyone know how i get through to someone  that can actually do something to help me? I go in circles with foreign call centres.

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Re-pulls, pre-pull, pre-installation, they're all the same activity to VM.  And unfortunately your experience is not uncommon.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jimlad73, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there has been a delay and our construction team will aim to have this resolved as soon as they can. 

Can you let us know how it goes on the 16th and if you are still having issues following this date.

Kind regards, Chris. 

Jimlad73
Tuning in

Tomorrow is the big day!

Just like last time ive had a text confirming they are coming!

Third time lucky? or will i have another no show and yet another 2 week appointment as the "earliest we can do". Find out soon!

Jimlad73
Tuning in

Well they have been!!! and relocated my box!!!

Problem now is they disconnected the old one so im left with no internet connection.

Ive logged this on the website and its booked me a "Fault" technician appointment for saturday.

This leaves me without internet for 2 working days and i work from home. Not ideal!!!

Is there any way of getting an earlier appointment?

Hi Jimlad73, thanks for the message. 

I have responded to your private message. 

Can you confirm how the service is at the moment? 

kind regards, Chris. 

Finally we are back online. They came out on wednesday and moved the outside box, leaving us with no internet for 3 days before the virgin tech came to reconnect to the new box.

This whole fiasco has been terrible from start to finish.

Hi Jimlad73, 

Thanks for coming back to us via the Community and updating the thread. 

We're glad to hear that things are resolved for you now although we can only apologise for the issues you had. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help you further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs