cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement modem delivery

Daviross
Joining in

Why do Virgin use such an utterly pathetic delivery service as Yodel? I was advised new modem would arrive on 13th, Yodel tell me on the 11th it’s coming today. I ask them to deliver it on the 13th, they’ve now told me they delivered it on the 11th - seeing as it had to be signed for, I’d like to know how? 

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Daviross,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

If you've had a new hub sent due to a fault, then it gets sent out on a 1-3 day delivery timescale. You can't pick the date it arrives I'm afraid. 

Have you received the router?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No the hub still hasn't arrived. Yodel do offer to defer delivery, as I was going to be out all of that day I opted for an alternative delivery, but they chose to deliver it on the wrong day anyway, to the wrong address - how someone with the wrong name at the wrong address can sign for it, I don't know. So, last week, after chasing it with no luck from Yodel, I requested another hub last Friday, no confirmatory e mail from Virgin, no comfirmatry e mail from Yodel, so I chased it again yesterday, and eventually got to speak to a HUMAN BEING!! in the U.K, as well!! I now have to have the hub installed by an "engineer". Minutes after setting that up, I'm offered a slot to have the installation carried out today, minutes after accepting that slot, I get another text message telling me this is no longer possible and I have to go with the original delivery slot .................let's see what tomorrow brings, in the next episode of this saga..

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Daviross

Oh gosh, I am so sorry for the frustration this must be causing.

Apologies that your Hub was delivered on the wrong day to the wrong address, have you spoken with Yodel regarding this?

Has your new Hub been fitted by an engineer now?

Kind regards,

Serena