Menu
Willystone
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Replacement hub and TV box

Hi   Not sure where to post this as it involves TV and hub replacement.

I came on these boards when I was having trouble with slow network problems and received some good advice.  After many phone calls I got through to retentions, spoke to a helpful guy and negotiated a new contract, I was informed that that as part of the new package I would recieve a new Hub to replace the old Superhub 1 and a new TV box to replace the 10 yearold one that was playing up. The idea at first was to post them to me, then it was decided an engineer would come out to fit them on the 4th May. I waited in for 5 hours and no one showed. I called Virgin again on the 5th and was told that they aren't doing any service calls due to covid and that I may not get any new equipment if the engineer decides everything is ok. When I asked why i was given a date,the answer was "Yeh we shouldn't have done that. Make of that what you will.

I don't think I have ever received such poor service from any company in my life before and I am getting on years. 

Can anyone offer any advice on how best to take this forward? thx in advance

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement hub and TV box

Hi @Willystone

Thanks for posting on here and sorry to hear you're having some issues, but we can  certainly look into this for you. 

So from taking a look at your account, I can see that you do have an engineer appointment booked, but there is just no scheduled time and date on it, which I can appreciate this is very frustrating for you as you have just upgraded. 

Currently, we aren't doing work which is not urgent due to COVID and restrictions which means we want to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible, but we can certainly look into this for you as this is an upgrade. 

Please do let us know if you want us to look into this further and we are more than happy to help. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Willystone
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI Sasha

Thanks for responding to my post.

I got a new contract on the 26th April 2021.The items and changes were: - Virgin TV 360 Upgrade Discount, Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Manned Install and Virgin TV 360 Upgrade Fee. Initially the hub and TV box were to be posted to me, then an appointment was made for an engineer to install originally on the 26th April as per contract. As we were away it was changed to the 4th of May between 8am and 1pm. This was a no show. My issue is, when I queried the no show I was just told "we shouldn’t have made the appointment and not to contact them, they would contact us". I have been promised a £25 refund for the no show. I am getting awful wifi speeds verified by Virgin themselves and problems with the TV box and I can only see a change of provider as a way out of this. It seems that Virgin are giving priority to new rather than long term loyal customers. I do understand the problems aorund the Covid issue, it was the way my problems were brushed off. 

Thanks

Phil

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Willystone,

thanks for getting back to me. 

I can compeltely understand this and understand your frustration. The miscommunication within the team is not ideal at all and we want to rectify this in the best way possible. It's not that we prioritise new customers, it's more that we do allow engineers to sort out their installs as there is a possibility they will be without internet, which is classed as an essential visit. 

For something that is swapping out or upgrading, it isn't seen as too essential due to the fact that at the current time you do still have WiFi and is not classed as a total loss of service. 

I understand a quick start was offered to you, was the manned install automatically changed or did you request this, just so I can get a clearer understanding, as if it was offered, then it should have gone through as a manned install. 

I can completely understand your frustration and will try to rectify this in the best possible way but please do let me know and I am more than happy to help. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Willystone
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha

After the new cotract details were agreed on the 16/04/21 it was agreed that the kit would be sent out and I would receive a phone call in a couple of days as to when  I could expect this.  I received the new contract effective from 26/0421. I then received an email from the executive team advising that an engineer would come on the 19/04/21.  I did not request this.  I  then had to make another lengthy phone call explaining that I would not be in that day.  In fact I was on holiday for that week and so it was then rearranged for the 04/05/21 which was a no show. I am quite able and happy to install myself.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know @Willystone.

We can understand the frustration caused.

Just to confirm, have you received any equipment from our team regarding this upgrade?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Willystone
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Akua_A

No, nothing, neither the promised super hub 3 or the replacement TV box. 

Thanks

Phil

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In that case, I have sent you a private message so I can further look into this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right had corner of the page and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Willystone
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I havent heard anything about getting the replacement hub and TV box. After being contacted by 2 members of the forum team I am still waiting for the contract from the 24/4/21 to honoured. Is there a problem? I can send a copy of the of the contract from Virgin if that helps.

Thanks

Phil

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in response @Willystone.

I have just sent you another private message in regards to this. Please provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos