cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement external cover

bigfatal
Joining in

When virgin was installed, they didn't fix the lid to the box properly.  It has since blown away in a storm leaving the wires exposed to the rain etc.

How can I get a replacement lid?  Thx

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo on here and a VM person will sort it for you when they get here in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bigfatal, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to see you coming back to the Community for help. 

We can certainly get an appointment booked in for you to get the box repaired but in order to do so, we will need to confirm your address with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bigfatal,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. I'm afraid we're not able to post out any components of the box so it will need to be an engineer visit I'm afraid.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi bigfatal, 

Thanks again for coming back to me via private message. As we're not swapping any account sensitive information, the conversation can remain in the public space now. 

The visit I have booked is specifically for repairing/replacing the box outside. This shouldn't affect the internet connection on the day however if you have any concerns, you can speak to the engineer on the day. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi bigfatal, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have rescheduled that to another day now. It may take up to 24 hours to update in the app but will be available to view shortly. 

Let me know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team