cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement coaxial cable / isolator cable

Simbo567
Joining in

Hey dog has chewed the cable thats connected to the virgin wall plus to the back of my router. I cant seem to find what the name of the cable actually is but i think its coaxial or isolator? 

I'm needing a replacement cable and virgin media have told me to go out and buy one in any shop but i thought this wasnt right? would like some assistance please.

cheers simon 

14 REPLIES 14

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That was entirely wrong advice. The replacement cable must come from VM, either by post or being fitted by a visiting technician.  Hopefully a staff member will see this and arrange something

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi I can't believe someone on virgins call centre could give such wrong information, as the type of cable virgin use is not on sale to the general public and must be supplied by them, and in some cases it needs to be installed by a virgin engineer as signal levels have to be checked between your box and the street cabinet.Regards Micky

Yeah was weird because I was reading up that it needs to be a legit cable etc. 

Anyone from VM can message me?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Be assured jpeg1 and Mickey are correct.

AVM person usually responds on here in a few days - but to save time and as you need to have this done by VM - call it in - they will charge £25 unless you can convince them it is actually not your fault 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Simbo567,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting on here.

I am sorry for the advice given for this, It would be a charge of £25 for us to come out and replace this. If you are happy with this let me know and we can speak in private to arrange this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I'm currently having the same issue, my Coaxial cable was damaged and has left me with no internet at all. I called the support team and was advised that Virgin does not replace these cables and I would need to do it myself.

Can I have some assistance from a mod as it's clearly in contradiction to the information on this question and I'm currently without internet.

Thanks,

Chris

@chris_b1987 wrote:

Hi,

I'm currently having the same issue, my Coaxial cable was damaged and has left me with no internet at all. I called the support team and was advised that Virgin does not replace these cables and I would need to do it myself.

Can I have some assistance from a mod as it's clearly in contradiction to the information on this question and I'm currently without internet.

Thanks,

Chris

ahhh the rubbish that is CS - you could try this

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' -- dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

will flag your post to VM who will sort something  if you cannot get any sense out of retentions

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chris_b1987

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'll drop you a PM now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Agentmatt
Tuning in

Just to say, that I wasn't aware that VM use their own standard cable.  I've been using a cable I made myself from part from Screwfix & B&Q.  I'm in I.T. and the cable I made has been great.  No connection issues or loss in signal.  Been using it for years and speed tests also proven this.  

Not sure why you would need one from VM.