cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement cable splice protector

sjalloq
Joining in

My broadband cable is spliced at the bottom of my drive where it exits the pavement and was installed with one of the bright orange plastic shrouds/protectors.  The joints on this have failed and it has fallen off so I'm looking for a replacement.  Without being able to contact Virgin, how do I go about finding one?

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't work on any VM cables yourself.  However if you post a photo to help VM assess the damage it will help.  Wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not got a photo but they'll know what it is.  An orange gel filled protector for a spliced cable that keeps the weather off the threads.

Hi sjalloq,
Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear there is damage to your outside cable and that you haven't been able to get this looked at, I have been able to find your account with the details we have for you, I have had a look, and it doesn't seem to be causing any issues, in order to keep it that way I will inviter you into a private chat, so I can arrange for a technician to get this fixed for you, once you receive the invite, click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.