Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Replacement cable needed

Hi All

We currently have a virgin hub (3.0 I think) and V6 box. We need to move our set up to the other side of the room. The internal cable running from the white virgin socket to our tv/hub travels under the floor so we cannot move it. 

The new location will be conveniently right next to the white virgin socket, so we thought we could just disconnect the current cable (and leave it under the floor), and connect with a new cable, as you would in a quick self install set up.

Is there any way of getting a replacement cable/set of cables? The current one is black and labelled CABLECON 3.0.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement cable needed

There is the QuickStart pack which VM sends to customers who self-install, you need from it just the cables and splitter.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, that's what I thought.

Unfortunately, when I called VM and asked for an isolator cable and connector cable, I was told that they don't send out cables. The lady insisted that an engineer would have to come out at a fee of £99. I did point out that we are doing nothing different from a quick start self install but she was adamant. 

Is there really no way to get sent a replacement cable and connector? It doesn't make sense to me that an engineer is required to do this, especially at a time when home visits are restricted. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the distance is a lot different then the signal quality may need to be analysed, so that's a technical job, and they are unlikely to do that at the moment. 

You might be able to make your own cable (eg. WF100), but you'll have to check the readings from the modem to ensure they are OK before using it long term. If it causes network issues Virgin may not be too happy. 

0 Kudos