cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Wall Box

henryrwilson
Tuning in

Good morning, 

My Virgin Media wall box, actually a very old "Telewest Broadband" box, is now completely discoloured and unsightly and I would like to replace it before the room is redecorated in July.  Could you please let me know how I can arrange for a new box to be installed?

WB.jpgThank you and regards

Henry

0777 1822

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid unless there is fault with the box, then it will not be replaced, you can clean these boxes with some bleach and a scourer sponge.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @henryrwilson,

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your old Telewest Broadband box.

Unfortunately, we are unable to replace your box unless there is a problem with it. I would advise that you do not cut the cable as it is a utility feed. I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us, please can you give our Retentions team a call regarding this on 150 / 0345 454 1111 - press 1, then 4 and then 4 again to get through to them.

Best wishes,

Serena

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us, 

Usually you can ask this to be done via our engineers, this may be something you want to ask when you cancel. They will be able to take it out, and then take the equipment with them. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

6 REPLIES 6

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid unless there is fault with the box, then it will not be replaced, you can clean these boxes with some bleach and a scourer sponge.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello DJ

Thank you for quick and clear response.

I think now may be the time to cut the cable and move to G.Network.

regards

Henry

You wouldn't normally be allowed to cut the cable as it's classed as a utility feed and the property of Virgin Media.

However, if you like to simply cancel your subscription to move providers then you need to call customer services as that can't be done on the forums.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @henryrwilson,

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your old Telewest Broadband box.

Unfortunately, we are unable to replace your box unless there is a problem with it. I would advise that you do not cut the cable as it is a utility feed. I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us, please can you give our Retentions team a call regarding this on 150 / 0345 454 1111 - press 1, then 4 and then 4 again to get through to them.

Best wishes,

Serena

Thanks Serena - I'll do that.

Do you know if Virgin will come and remove the cable and wall socket, or if that's something for me to do?

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us, 

Usually you can ask this to be done via our engineers, this may be something you want to ask when you cancel. They will be able to take it out, and then take the equipment with them. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide