Menu
greengary81
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Replacement New hub 3 not connecting

My mother in law was posted a new hub 3 due to issues a few weeks ago (which were resolved), I followed the instructions to replace the older hub (looks like a hub1 I think) but it did not connect. The white light at the bottom came on but when you try to browse to the internet it took you to the hub status page where it said it was updating... for several hours. 

When we called tech support an automated message said that there was a quick start package assigned to us and we should press 1 to activate the new modem (despite instructions saying it was already activated). We tried that but no luck. 

later we got through to human tech support who said he needed to send signals to the router to activate it (so we’ve went from no activation needed, to automated activation and now to manual activation!!). He then said systems were down somewhere and they couldn’t activate and I should call back in 4hrs, or tomorrow. 

I asked if we could plug in the old modem in the meantime while we wait, he said yes and said it will work. I tried this and surprise... no internet, solid blue light at top, green in middle and green at bottom. 

so I’ve now given up as I had to go back to work, if I go back tonight what are the chances of getting old or new router working as what was a simple swap has turned in to no internet. 

shambles as usual with virgin 

0 Kudos
greengary81
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement New hub 3 not connecting

Having read the forum here it seems I’m not the only one that has an activation issue. Would this also affect the old router after I plugged it back in? Or perhaps it was deactivated ok during the automated phone call so now I have two deactivated modems?

0 Kudos
greengary81
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know if activations of new hubs are working today before i go around and try again?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi first thing to do is phone the virgin service status no 0800 561 0061 provide the post code and it will tell of any outages in that area. Regards Micky
0 Kudos