cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Modem

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Hello,

Can someone from VM please arrange a replacement Modem to be sent. 

I'm having the issue of the modem constantly reverting back to defaults all the time and it's starting to become annoying previously had this issue and replacement fixed it.

Thanks

Stythinator

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

Stythinator
Problem sorter

@Akua_A

Thanks i have responded.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

We can arrange this for you @Stythinator.

However please note if the issue persists, you will have to get back in contact with us to book a tech visit. Also this means if the issue persists after the hub swap we are not liable.

Are you happy to proceed in this way? 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Yes please arrange for a replacement to be sent.

As I said via PM a tech visit can't fix software/firmware/bugs so it would be a pointless trip.

I have done the usual manually reset it etc so I have covered everything a Tech would do anyway. 

Thanks

Stythinator

Thank you for letting me know @Stythinator.

I have sent a message via PM regarding this. Please provide a response when you are able to.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Was refused a replacement modem sent to me via forum (apparently they no longer can do it) only way is a tech visit. it's a bug/software issue so a tech can't do anything. decided to "Bypass" it all and simply upgrade to 1GB and get the Hub 4.

That sounds like an expensive "fix", could always upgrade and then try to cancel within the cooling off period!

Hi @Stythinator thanks for coming back to us.

Sorry to hear you were unable to get a replacement hub.  It's correct that we cannot arrange them via the forum.  Are you happy with the resolution that you've decided on?

Regards

Lee_R

@Lee_R well I can’t speak for the OP but I certainly wouldn’t be happy with that resolution - which seems to be ‘basically pay us more money to fix an issue of our making because of an obviously faulty hub’

@Stythinator Now, are you happy with your new speed provision and are you able to make good use of it? If not then call VM and downgrade to your previous speed tier - they won’t want to swop the modem back out, but you will make a bit of a saving.