cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Modem

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Hello,

Can someone from VM please arrange a replacement Modem to be sent. 

I'm having the issue of the modem constantly reverting back to defaults all the time and it's starting to become annoying previously had this issue and replacement fixed it.

Thanks

Stythinator

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Was refused a replacement modem sent to me via forum (apparently they no longer can do it) only way is a tech visit. it's a bug/software issue so a tech can't do anything. decided to "Bypass" it all and simply upgrade to 1GB and get the Hub 4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Stythinator thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your hub. I have located your account.  I can see that there are works going on your area with an estimated fix of 3:00pm today.  Please can you monitor and if the issues are not resolved then we can take a closer look.

Regards

Lee_R

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Hello Lee,

Thanks for getting back to me, Defiantly nothing to do with work being done in the area as this problem has been over 3 weeks.

Modem stays online however every setting reverts back to defaults all the time.  

Defiantly faulty modem/router

Stythinator

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you in modem mode then?

If you are in normal modem then lots of customers are reporting firmware bugs that are doing things like that.

Also if you are, I can only suggest that you try modem mode with your own Wifi6 wireless router to facilitate getting the higher speeds on your wifi6 capable devices too

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Have tried all that. Just keeps randomly resetting to defaults all the time. (MCSE)

So are you saying that you’ve tried put the hub into modem mode with your own third-party router and the hub is still spontaneously doing a factory reset?

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Correct. Goes straight back to defaults and into Route Mode again. Setting everything up again within an hour or two goes straight back to defaults. I had this issue with a previous router turned out to be a faulty modem. (I have beta test) every modem since the SH1 till the SH3 so definitely know all the bugs and issues with the dam things.

Good luck with getting a new modem with Virgin Media.

I was recently told I had to get rid of my modem and replace it with a new modem with integrated phone socket. I said fine.

They sent me a broken old one. Then I asked them to send a new one. They sent 2 more smelly old ones AND charged me £35 for it.

Still trying to get hold of a new modem 6 months later. New modems are nowhere to be found. Asked the engineer who came round last month to fix a problem with my cable in street cabinet and he said everybody gets an old modem. Seems like they've run out of money or something and desperately trying to make more money by selling even old stock for £35 a pop. Also seems like they are just transferring old stock of modems around from customer to customer, so if someone complains their modem is broken they just repackage it and send it to another unsuspecting customer without testing.

I say they are untested because one of the "new" modems I received was so broken that it had a metal heat sink rattling around inside it, its was a definite fire hazard and was sent to me without any testing whatsoever. Its as if they received a faulty modem from another customer and sent it straight out without even checking it.

Good luck getting a new modem and please let us know if the modem you receive is actually brand new.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will ask VM to respond here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @Stythinator,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear your router keeps defaulting to router mode instead of modem mode. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs