Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 41 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated problems, Leeds LS22 area

Hello RobertIain,

Would you like me to have a look at what we can do to get you back up to a normal service 

I'm more than happy to do so

Look forward to your response 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RobertIain
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated problems, Leeds LS22 area

What is needed is someone to genuinely investigate why there have been so very many 'area faults' in this area over the last 2 or 3 years - this thread just picks up on the ones since last August, which are surely bad enough, but this has been going on for much, much longer. Yet every time this happens, it gets reported and is treated as if it's a completely new issue, there seems to be absolutely no 'corporate memory' or even any questioning what is really going wrong, just the standard superficial and 'cut and pasted' responses. Meanwhile you raised the prices paid for this service on the grounds that you needed more money to ensure the really high and reliable service levels Virgin claim to provide - just doesn't add up, when we get 10-12 area outages, lasting days or weeks, every year.

First line support can do nothing at all, similarly second, I have been referred to what someone termed 'third line' as well in the past, and all have resulted in the same non-solution - the current 'intermittent fault' is patched up, so all the messages saying 'it is fixed' are sent out, only for the fault to come back a few days or weeks later. Surely by now it has to be obvious to anyone with a brain that whatever is going wrong here, which has recurred literally dozens of times over the past couple of years, is NOT being properly identified or fixed. Someone has to be responsible for this, but that 'someone' is unreachable by the customers, and it looks to us out here very much like they are simply either not up to the job, or have decided the 'fix' costs too much and they can get away with patching up and bodging rather than properly sorting the mess out.

Please just look at how often even Virgin recognise there's an 'area fault', don't just take my word for it, look how many times your company has put out the recorded message stating they KNOW there is an area fault, and get whoever manages this area to clearly answer why this recurring problem is never addressed - and if they are capable, to properly and finally fix the damn thing.

0 Kudos